- Nokia's services expertise to ensure rapid deployment of Nokia's Evolved Packet Core-ready Flexi Network Gateway and Flexi Network Server for the network of Hutchison 3 Indonesia
- The agreement to allow Hutchison 3 Indonesia to enhance quality and speeds for its rapidly growing subscriber base on one of the most densely-populated islands on the planet
27 April, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia - Nokia and Hutchison 3 Indonesia (H3I) have signed an agreement under which Nokia will expand H3I's core network to meet increasing mobile data demands in the Indonesian market.
With a growing economy and ever more affordable connectivity, Indonesia - the fourth most populous country in the world - is experiencing rapid smartphone and 3G data service adoption. As a result, H3I is seeing data traffic double approximately every nine months.
Nokia will supply H3I with packet core technology in some of important cities in Indonesia, such as Surabaya, Semarang, Solo and Yogyakarta, which are considered the most densely populated cities in the country.
Nokia technology will help H3I utilise its network resources better to deliver a differentiated service experience, while laying the foundation for network evolution to allow it to meet future customer data demands.
Details at a glance:
- Nokia Services: Network Planning and Optimization, Network Implementation, Care
- Core network elements including Nokia's Evolved Packet Core-ready Flexi Network Gateway and Flexi Network Server
- Nokia Flexi Convergent Mediation Device
- Nokia NetAct operations support system
Randeep Singh Sekhon, President Director, Hutchison 3 Indonesia, said: "We are pleased to have Nokia's services and technology expertise at our side as we evolve our core network to meet the speed and quality needs of a growing number of connected consumers and business users in Indonesia."
Robert Cattanach, Head of Indonesia, Nokia, said: "The deployment of our mobile core technology in this very important region will provide Hutchison 3 Indonesia with the network flexibility it needs to meet an increasingly diverse mix of traffic today and in the future as subscriber demands evolve."
Did you know?
Mobile broadband usage in Indonesia continues to dominate over fixed Internet connectivity, with strong growth over the last few years. At the start of 2016, the number of mobile subscribers exceeded 320 million. Fixed broadband penetration remained under 2%, with broadband household penetration at 5%.1
- Website: Nokia Evolved Packet Core
- Video: Nokia Networks Core: Works Like Magic
- Blog: Does your service traffic pass through every network function?
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
TAGS: 3G, Packet Core, Asia, capacity
About Hutchison 3 Indonesia
PT Hutchison 3 Indonesia (H3I) is a rapidly growing telecommunications service provider operating under the National 2G/GSM 1800 MHz and the 3G/WCDMA licenses in Indonesia. H3I provides quality, innovative mobile data, and affordable voice and SMS services under the "3" brand, and moves with nationwide 3.5G network expansion to provide world-class internet experience in Indonesia. H3I is a member of CK Hutchison Holdings Group which comprises mobile telecommunications operations in the market of Indonesia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Macau, Sweden and the UK.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. https://nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
Phone: +852 9747 5873
Hutchison 3 Indonesia
Arum K. Prasodjo
H3I Corporate Communication
DGM Corporate Communication
Phone : +628989789789
E-mail : Arum.firstname.lastname@example.org