Nokia Gigabit Smart Build makes ultra-broadband network transformation easier and more predictable
- Simplifies transition to ultra-broadband access while ensuring predictable outcomes on return on investment, time to market and quality of broadband evolution
- Builds on decades of expertise, automation tools and processes to help service providers design, plan, build and operate ultra-broadband networks more efficiently
Espoo, Finland - Nokia announced the launch of its Gigabit Smart Build portfolio to help service providers build ultra-broadband networks easily and more cost-efficiently. The portfolio consists of a set of services, processes and automated tools, and is based on Nokia's expertise accumulated from decades of experience in designing and rolling out ultra-broadband networks and network transformation.
In a highly competitive market, service providers need to constantly upgrade their broadband networks and deliver more bandwidth to more people, sooner. Introducing new technology evolutions in networks and keeping customers happy and loyal while growing market share is a huge challenge. Broadband upgrade programs run the risk of being delayed or run over budget due to inefficiencies and unexpected hurdles with planning and implementation - not to mention the impact on communities of never-ending civil works, digging up roads and entering buildings to install new infrastructure.
Gigabit Smart Build simplifies the process of introducing and commercializing new technology and products, and makes sure that the broadband networks will support competitive services for many years to come. It applies a 3-step approach to broadband evolution that address specific pain points while planning, deploying and operationalizing
- Preparing for Gigabit: Nokia Bell Labs' patented Business and Technology Modeling tools help build viable and accurate business cases and select the right technology and strategy to move to Gigabit. Next to that, we share real-world experience and expertise with our customers through our Innovation Management service and collaborate closely to accelerate the time-to-market for new products and technology.
- Deploying Gigabit: The Network Build Control Management service controls and automates end-to-end network rollout resulting in cost-efficiencies, a faster roll-out and a first-time-right network build. This complements our ONT Easy Start solution launched last year, which allows end-users to activate the Optical Network Terminal themselves, reducing installation and activation costs by 40+%.
- Managing and Optimizing Gigabit: Patented methodologies and tools speed up and simplify migration of legacy broadband networks. In addition, the Network Assessment & Health Check tool analyzes big data to provide insight into network performance and capacity management. Network software upgrades are performed faster and at higher quality through systematic upgrades.
Applying Gigabit Smart Build with customers throughout the world has shown the following benefits:
- Assured quality: The service reduces rollout errors by a factor of three by controlling end-to-end network rollout and automating.
- Fastest time to market: The service cuts time-to-market in half by minimizing preparation time, accelerating rollouts and increasing rollout volume.
- Maximum ROI: The Service increases return on investment (ROI) as it helps operators choose the best evolution path with more than 95% accuracy, optimizing rollouts and lifecycle management, and reducing legacy migration costs.
Nokia has recently run more than 10 key programs with customers worldwide, upgrading and transforming their wireline broadband access networks.
Federico Guillén, president of Nokia's Fixed Networks Business Group, said: "Successfully rolling out Gigabit networks relies on three factors: experience, expertise and automation. Our unparalleled track record of innovation and holistic approach cover all aspects of the evolution to Gigabit networks. Basically, it comes down to taking the guesswork out of broadband network roll-outs.This delivers tremendous benefits and predictable results in terms of time-to-market, cost reductions and first-time-right execution, while sharply reducing any disruptions for communities and citizens."
Julie Kunstler, Principal Analyst at OVUM, said: "A recent network transformation survey we conducted confirmed that service providers face numerous network transformation challenges, such as choosing the best technology strategy and understanding its impact on future upgrades, identifying new revenue opportunities and meeting rollout targets and network optimization goals. Many of the cited challenges can be mitigated through enhanced vendor relationships with telecom partners such as Nokia."
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. https://www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900