The partnership underlines NTT Com India-Netmagic as a frontrunner in providing innovative SD-WAN solutions in India
NTT Com India-Netmagic's enterprise customers will experience massive agility and flexibility with a highly automated NaaS offering and will be able to realize the benefits of cloud
- It establishes the company as a pioneer in SD-WAN technology in India that provides next-generation Hybrid Network solutions to global and Indian enterprises with a significant value-addition
February 20, 2018
Mumbai, India - NTT Com India-Netmagic today announced that the company has partnered with Nuage Networks, the Nokia venture focused on Software Defined Networks (SDN), to enhance its Network as a Service (NaaS) portfolio based on its innovative Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) solution. This enables enterprises to automatically route and optimise network traffic and gain visibility of applications performance without spending more on bandwidth.
NTT Com India-Netmagic will deploy Nuage Networks' Virtualized Network Services (VNS) solution at their data centers across the country. Once deployed, NTT Com India-Netmagic's enterprise customers will experience increased agility and flexibility through automation and will be able to maximize the advantages of cloud. The deployment will also enable NTT Com India-Netmagic to offer advanced security services.
SD-WAN enables the broader goal of enterprises connecting users to applications in a cost-efficient WAN topology. It is independent of the type of network - wireless, wireline or the public internet - or whether the applications are hosted in data centers or on public clouds. This will also help enterprises' branch offices to route traffic to the internet where a more expensive MPLS line is not necessary.
Sharad Sanghi, MD & CEO, Netmagic (An NTT Communications Company) said: "We are extremely delighted to partner with Nuage Networks from Nokia to further enhance our portfolio of dynamic network services. We aim to deliver innovative and agile SD-WAN services to global and Indian enterprises, and also to global MNCs having their offices in India looking to connect their remote users quickly and securely to applications in private and public clouds."
Sunil Khandekar, founder and chief executive officer of Nuage Networks said: "We are excited to partner with NTT Com India-Netmagic to enable businesses with the benefits of automation, agility and operational simplicity. It is a testimony to our innovative product that NTT Com India-Netmagic chose our solution after a long and exhaustive selection process. NTT Com India- Netmagic will be able to attract new customers who are looking to move from MPLS to SD-WAN alternatives, with a differentiated set of on-demand network and value-added services."
NTT Com India-Netmagic SD-WAN solution solves the existing networking challenges of enterprises by enabling them to use the most feature-rich, easy-to-use and cost-effective form of connectivity. This will establish the Company as a pioneer in SD-WAN technology in India that provides next-generation Hybrid Network solutions to global and Indian enterprises with a significant value-addition.
Overview of the solution to be deployed:
- Nokia's Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS) will allow Netmagic's customers to add automation, reduce operational expenditure and scale faster
- Nokia's Nuage Networks VNS is built from Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) and includes the Virtualized Services Directory (VSD), the Virtualized Services Controller (VSC), the Network Services Gateway (NSG) as well as a fully customizable VNS Customer Portal
- Virtualized Services Directory is a programmable policy and analytics engine allowing administrators to define enterprise policies. VSC is also an SDN controller based on open standards providing a complete view of the control panel for faster decision making
- Nuage Networks VNS Customer Portal is a fully customizable Graphical User Interface (GUI) accessible by Netmagic's enterprise customers. This self-service portal enables rapid deployment of VNS features along with a number of value added features
- The Nuage Networks solution provides a single SDN automation platform for the datacenter, WAN, and public cloud, leading to operational simplification, flexibility, and agility
Nokia's Professional Services team will design, install and commission core components at NetMagic data center sites
- Web page: Nuage Networks
- Press release: Nuage Networks wins first SDN-based, large enterprise project in China
- Press release: Nuage Networks SD-WAN solution gains momentum as top global service providers respond to support enterprise demands and business growth
About Nuage Networks by Nokia
Nu-âhj: From French, meaning 'cloud'. Nuage Networks from Nokia brings a combination of technologies and networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based business has applied new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and highly programmable SDN solutions within and across the data center and out to the wide area network with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by the IP/Optical Networks business of Nokia, has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world's biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises - the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net , read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog http://www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, and shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Media Relations, Nuage Networks