Gabriela Styf Sjöman, Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
Gabriela is the Chief Strategy Officer of Nokia with responsibility of refining the company’s strategy for the future. Her responsibilities include business intelligence, business development, portfolio management, strategic investments and mergers and acquisitions.
Gabriela is a proven technology and innovation leader with extensive international business experience in the ICT industry. She has versatile business experience working across a range of functions including strategy, operations, engineering and R&D, sales and business development, product and project management, performance management and organizational and process re-design.
Prior to joining Nokia in 2019, Gabriela worked for Telia Company in Sweden, where she held the positions of Vice President, Head of Group Networks and Deputy Head of Global Services and Operations, and most recently Vice President Head of Group Network Systems and Delivery. During her career, she has worked at companies including Telecom Italia, Ericsson, Teligent AB, Ansi Consult, Athena Solutions and Melody Solutions.
She holds a Master of Business Administration from University of Durham Business School in the UK and degrees in Electrical Power Engineering from Thorildsplan College and Basic Commercial Law and Social Political Studies from University of Uppsala in Sweden.
Gabriela is married to Per, and together they have a daughter and a son. As a family they have lived in Hong Kong, Beijing, Aachen, San Jose, Rome, and Stockholm.
Gabriela is based in Espoo, Finland, having lived and worked in nine countries across three continents.
- Vice President, Head of Group Network Systems and Delivery, Telia Company, Sweden 2019
- Vice President, Head of Group Networks and Deputy Head of Global Services and Operations (COO), Telia Company, Sweden 2017-2019
- Vice President, Engineering & TIM Labs, Telecom Italia, Italy 2015- 2017
- Vice President, Product Line IP Network Management, Ericsson, USA 2011-2014
- Vice President, Product Development Unit Mobile Core, Ericsson, Germany 2007 – 2011
- General Manager, Service Layer & Systems Integration, Ericsson, China 2004 – 2007
- Director, Product Marketing, Teligent AB, Sweden, 2004
- Managing Director, Athena Solutions/Ansi Consult, Sweden 2002 – 2004
- Manager, Sales & Marketing, Melody Solutions, Sweden 2000 - 2002
- Strategic Product Manager, Ericsson, Sweden 2000
- Product Manager, Ericsson, Hong Kong 1995-1998
- Field Support Engineer, Project Manager, Product Manager, Ericsson, USA, Spain, Netherlands 1989- 1995