Kathrin Buvac, President of Nokia Enterprise and Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
Kathrin is responsible for Nokia’s fast-growing Nokia Enterprise business, and leads the team that provides enterprise networks, industrial automation and digitalization solutions to customers in the energy, transportation, logistics, advanced manufacturing and public sector.
Kathrin is committed to help Enterprise customers across the globe to digitalize and automate their asset-intensive operations to create productivity gains and business value in their journey towards Industry 4.0 and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
With 19 years of international experience, Kathrin has held leadership positions in EADS, Siemens, Nokia Siemens Networks and Nokia. In her most recent and now dual role as Chief Strategy Officer, Kathrin is responsible for the creation and implementation of Nokia’s overall corporate strategy including business intelligence, business development, strategic investment and mergers and acquisitions. Kathrin was instrumental in defining and executing Nokia’s €15.6Bn acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. At Nokia Siemens Networks, she developed the turnaround strategy for the €13Bn Network Infrastructure Joint Venture between Nokia and Siemens.
Kathrin has been named “Women to Watch 2016” by FierceWireless, a recognition to female leaders working in key engineering and technology roles in the telecommunications industry, as well as been named one of the “50 women to watch in 2016” by Global Telecoms Business.
She holds a master’s degree in computer engineering and business administration from the University of Cooperative Education, Germany, and a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering and business administration from the Open University, London, the United Kingdom.
Kathrin is a technologist and strategist at heart and fierce advocate for the advancement of women. She is a global leader who puts company interest first and who guides her team with the highest standards of integrity and inclusion.
Kathrin resides in Munich, Germany and has spent her career in the United States, the United Kingdom and Italy.
- Chief Strategy Officer, Nokia and Nokia Networks 2014-present
- Chief of Staff to the CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks 2011–2014
- Vice President Product Management, Software, NSN 2009–2011
- Managing Director, Integration, NSN 2007–2009
- General Manager, Corporate Audit Italy, Siemens 2006–2007
- General Manager Controlling, Siemens Communications 2003–2006
- General Manager M&A USA, Siemens Communications 2002–2003
- General Manager e-commerce, Siemens Communications 2001–2002
- Business Analyst, EADS Aerospace and Defense 1999–2000