Ashish has 25 years of international experience in the Enterprise and Telecom sectors. As Chief Business Officer, he was responsible for Nokia Networks’ sales and operations globally.
Since joining Nokia in December 2003, he has delivered consistently strong results in his different general management roles in Nokia and NSN. He has held various leadership positions, including Head of Asia Middle East & Africa and prior to that, Head of Global Services Business Unit. Both these units contributed nearly half of the company’s revenues and were key to the successful transformation of Nokia. Ashish thrives on building high performance teams and delivering strong execution. He has been a member of the executive board of Nokia Networks and NSN since 2009.
Born in 1965, Ashish holds an undergraduate degree in Mathematics from the University of Delhi, India; Master’s degree in Computer Science from the Emory University, Atlanta; and Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
He is married with two children and lives in London. In his spare time, Ashish enjoys reading, sports and spending time with his family.
- Previously EVP and Chief Business Officer at Nokia Networks
- Head of Customer Operations Asia, Middle East & Africa (AMEA), Nokia Networks 2011–2015)
- Head of Global Services, Nokia Siemens Networks 2009–2010
- Head of Managed Services, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007–2009
- Country Head India, Nokia Networks 2003–2007
- Vice President for Enterprise Business, Hughes Communications Ltd 2000–2003 and 1994–1998
- Software and Project Engineer, Hughes Network Systems 1989–1993
- Teaching Assistant, Computer Science, Emory University 1987–1989