Kathrin is a global technology and business leader, public speaker and advocate for the advancement of women.
As the company’s chief strategist, Kathrin shapes Nokia’s vision and strategy, working with senior leaders, customers, business partners and analysts worldwide.
Her current responsibilities include Industry Trends, Market Outlook, Competitor Intelligence, Strategic Partnerships, Portfolio Management across all of Nokia’s businesses, Corporate Development and Incubation. Kathrin is also leading the company’s overall IoT strategy, spearheading Nokia’s charge into the Fourth Industrial Revolution and Industrial Automation.
Kathrin was instrumental in Nokia’s €15.6Bn acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent, while at NSN, she developed the turnaround strategy for the €13Bn Network Infrastructure Joint Venture between Nokia and Siemens.
With over 18 years of international experience, Kathrin is a leader who is passionate about expanding the human possibility of technology, who puts company interest first and who guides her team with the highest standards of integrity and diversity.
Kathrin has been named "Woman to Watch 2016” by Fierce Markets, an award recognizing women working in key engineering and technology roles in the telecom industry, as well as being named “Woman to Watch 2016” by Global Telecoms Business.
She holds a Master's Degree in Computer Engineering and Business Administration from the University of Cooperative Education, Germany, and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering and Business Administration from Open University, London, the United Kingdom.
Kathrin is based in Munich, Germany, having lived in the US, UK and Italy previously.
- Previously Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Nokia Networks
- Chief of Staff to the CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks 2011–2013
- Managing Director Strategic Projects, Software Solutions, Nokia Siemens Networks 2009–2011
- Managing Director, Integration, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007–2009
- General Manager, Corporate Audit, Siemens Holding S.p.A. 2006–2007
- General Manager Controlling International Businesses, Siemens Communications 2003–2006
- General Manager M&A USA, Siemens Communications 2002–2003
- Business Process Manager e-Commerce, Siemens Communications 2001–2002
- Business Analyst, EADS Aerospace and Defense 1999–2000