Kathrin is a global technology and business leader, public speaker and advocate for the advancement of women.
As the company’s chief strategist, Kathrin shapes Nokia’s vision and strategy, working with senior leaders, customers, business partners and analysts worldwide. Her current responsibilities include Market Forecasting, Competitor Intelligence, Corporate Development, Strategic Partnerships and presiding over the capital allocation across all of Nokia’s portfolios of Networks, Virtual Reality and Healthcare. Kathrin is also leading the company’s overall strategy in the Internet of Things.
At Nokia, Kathrin was instrumental in the company’s €15.6Bn acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. At NSN, she developed the turnaround strategy for the €13Bn network infrastructure joint venture between Nokia and Siemens.
With over 17 years of international experience, Kathrin is a leader who is passionate about expanding the human possibility of technology, who puts company interest first and who guides her teams with the highest standards of integrity.
Kathrin has been named "Woman to Watch 2016” by Fierce Markets, an award recognizing women working in key engineering and technology roles in the telecom industry, as well as being named “Woman to Watch 2016” by Global Telecoms Business.
She holds a Master's Degree in Business Information Systems from the University of Cooperative Education, Germany and a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Open University, London, the United Kingdom.
Kathrin has previously held senior positions in strategy, corporate development, M&A, finance, operations, product management at NSN, Siemens and EADS.
- Previously Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Nokia Networks
- Chief of Staff to the CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks 2011–2013
- Managing Director Strategic Projects, Software Solutions, Nokia Siemens Networks 2009–2011
- Managing Director, Integration, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007–2009
- General Manager, Corporate Audit, Siemens Holding S.p.A. 2006–2007
- General Manager Controlling International Businesses, Siemens Communications 2003–2006
- General Manager M&A USA, Siemens Communications 2002–2003
- Business Process Manager e-Commerce, Siemens Communications 2001–2002
- Business Analyst, EADS Aerospace and Defense 1999–2000