Marc has over 20 years of international management experience in the telecommunications industry, having held positions in R&D, customer operations and product management in the U.S., France and Finland. Showing clear strategic and tactic leadership in complex commercial and technical markets, Marc has turned around large businesses to achieve growth and profitability in competitive environments. He has a strong experience in joint ventures and mergers, from NSN, Alcatel-Lucent, Alcatel Fujitsu’s Evolium joint venture, which he headed, and Nortel Matra Cellular.
For the last years, Marc has lead Nokia’s Mobile broadband business, successfully shifting the investment focus to new technologies, opened up the company to the open ecosystem thus accelerating time to market, improved the company’s R&D efficiency significantly every year, implemented a strong quality culture and worked to become Employer of choice in each R&D site.
Marc holds a Ph.D. in Information Theory from University of Notre Dame, Indiana, U.S., an Engineering degree in Signal Processing from Supélec, France, and he is a graduate in Computer Science from Université d’Orsay, France. He is a French citizen. In his spare time Marc enjoys sailing. Based in Espoo, he is married and has five children.
- Previously Executive Vice President, Mobile Broadband, Nokia Networks
- Head of Network Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks 2010–2011
- Head of Radio Access, Nokia Siemens Networks 2008–2009
- Executive Vice President of Alcatel, President of Convergence Business Group, Alcatel-Lucent 2006–2008
- Chief Operating Officer, then President Wireless Business Group, then Executive Vice President, Alcatel 2003–2006
- VP positions, then Chief Operating Officer, then President Wireless Business Division, Alcatel 1997–2003
- R&D and Engineering Director positions, Matra and Nortel Matra Cellular 1988–1997