Maria is the Nokia Chief Legal Officer since May 2014. In addition, Maria has responsibility for Nokia’s IPR business. She joined the Nokia Group in July 2013, as Nokia Siemens Networks General Counsel.
Prior to joining Nokia Siemens Networks, Maria served as the General Counsel at TetraPak. Previously, Maria held senior legal positions in GE Oil & Gas for many years, with a specific focus on managing legal affairs for commercial operations and global services.
As an admitted lawyer in Italy and England, Maria started her career in private practice in both countries, and she also lectured international contract law at the University of Florence, Italy.
She holds a Law Degree from the University of Palermo (Juris Doctor), Italy.
In her free time, Maria likes to be in her house in Sicily with her family.
- Previously Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Nokia
- General Counsel, NSN 2013–2014
- Tetra Pak Group General Counsel, Tetra Laval Group 2011–2013
- Sidel Group General Counsel, Tetra Laval Group 2009–2011
- Senior Counsel Commercial Operations and Global Services, GE Oil & Gas 2006–2009
- Senior Counsel Europe, Hertz Europe 2005–2006
- Senior Counsel Global Services, GE Oil & Gas 2001–2005
- Lawyer, Pini Birmingham & Partners 1998–2001
- Lawyer, Greco Law Firm 1994–1998
- Member of the Board of Directors of Nordea Bank AB
- Member of the Board of Directors of Alcatel Lucent SA 2016