Since becoming CEO of Nokia in April of 2014, Rajeev has been integral in leading the company to become the No. 2 player in the global telecommunications infrastructure market. He has led a series of major transformations at Nokia, including the €15.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel Lucent; Nokia’s portfolio diversification with the acquisition of a range of specialist technology players, including Comptel, Gainspeed and Deepfield; Nokia’s entry into the digital health market; and most recently, the return of Nokia branded mobile phones to the world. In his previous role as CEO of Nokia Solutions and Networks, he also delivered a complete turnaround, increasing the value of the business from approximately €1 billion to more than €9 billion.
In his more than 27 years of international experience, Rajeev has developed deep expertise across a range of technology solutions that will be critical with the onset of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, including telecommunication networks, wireless devices, the Internet of Things, virtual reality, digital health, big data analytics, cloud computing, and enterprise digitalization. He has held senior business roles leading major accounts, various Nokia business units and regions. And he has rich business experience working across a range of functions, including strategy, mergers and acquisitions, product marketing, and sales. As a successful global leader, he has lived in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.
Rajeev is also passionate about applying his global experience for good. He is a United Nation’s Broadband Commissioner; Vice chairman of the B20 task force on Digitalization; and an active member of the World Economic Forum.
Rajeev has a Bachelor’s of Engineering (Electronics and Communications) from Manipal Institute of Technology, India. Born in India, Rajeev is a Singaporean citizen and is based in Espoo, Finland.
- CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks (previously Nokia Siemens Networks) 2009–2014
- Head of Services, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007–2009
- Head of Asia Pacific, Nokia Siemens Networks April 2007 to August 2007
- Senior Vice President, Nokia Networks Asia Pacific, 2005–2007
- Vice President, Hutchison Customer Business Team, Nokia Networks 2004–2005
- General Manager, Business Development, Nokia Networks Asia Pacific, 2003
- Sales Director – BT, O2 and Hutchison Global Customers, Nokia Networks 2002
- Director, Technology and Applications, BT Global Customer, Nokia Networks 2000-2001
- Head of Global Competitive Intelligence, Nokia Networks 1999-2000
- Head of Product Competence Center, Nokia Networks South Asia 1997-1999
- System Marketing Manager, Cellular Transmission, Nokia Networks India 1995-1997
- Head of Group Procurement, imports and special projects, Churchgate Group, Nigeria 1993-1995
- National Account Manager – Transmission / Manager – Strategic Planning, ICL India (ICIM) 1990-1993
- Production Engineer, Calcom Electronics 1989
Commissioner at United Nations Broadband Commission
Vice chairman of B20 (Germany) task force on Digitalisation
Member of the steering committee of Digital Communications Industry and member of the stewardship board of Health and Healthcare System Initiative at the World Economic Forum
Finland’s Business leader of the year 2017 by Kauppalehti
Awarded “2016 All Europe Executive Team - Best CEOs” by Institutional Investor
Recipient of Marco Polo Award in China as a testimony of Nokia’s friendship to China
Honorary Doctorate, Manipal University