Innovations, expert advantage services help operators tackle potential 40% global churn rate
Espoo, Finland - Nokia Networks is expanding its mobile broadband portfolio with an extensive series of launches and enhancements encompassing software, services and hardware plus a preview of some future technologies. The broad span of innovations will boost mobile broadband capacity and performance, helping operators in building the best networks and offering the best service quality. These are critical for addressing and managing churn, which continues to challenge operators around the world.
The Nokia Networks 2014 Acquisition and Retention Study shows that 40% of customers globally are thinking about switching operators in the next 12 months. Mobile operators that outperform their competitors in network and service quality, and customer care, have the most loyal customers.
To help operators address these needs, the latest Nokia Networks launches will:
- Add the capacity and flexibility of cloud technologies to operators' networks with commercial, standardized NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and strengthen the migration path to carrier-grade telco cloud
- Address relentless demand for data by growing capacity and increasing the speed of networks with LTE-Advanced, for both FDD-LTE and TD-LTE operators
- Build wider and higher density coverage, extending macro coverage, adding new small cell types and making the most of every available radio access, complemented by advanced services including 3D planning
- Increase operator agility and reduce total costs by introducing a pioneering approach: offering advanced network management tools as a Managed Service
- Make customer care easier to implement, reduce the number of calls to customer care centres as well as ensure that customer queries can be answered with detailed facts and resolved more quickly
"Our portfolio already offers some of the industry's best solutions and experts to build networks that are responsive and perform with excellence in the real world, supporting even the extreme traffic loads placed on them," explained Phil Twist, head of Nokia Networks portfolio marketing. "The advances we are launching, all developed and delivered to our exacting quality standards, will drive the development of operators' performance edge across their technology, operations and business. We'll be sharing the details over the coming days."
All announcements will be made now through Super Mobility Week in Las Vegas.
Click here to download a photo of Phil Twist.
View http://www.nsn.com/performance to follow the latest launches, watch a short video and sign up for webinars. Starting September 12, we will share new customer cases to show real world network performance. The 15-minute cases are available to view on-demand or download as a podcast.
Customers, press and industry analysts are welcome to visit Nokia Networks' permanent meeting room 203 during Super Mobility Week by CTIA in Las Vegas, U.S.A., September 9-11.
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @nokianetworks on twitter using #NetworksPerform, #mobilebroadband and #ExpertAdvantage. For expert insights, visit our blog.
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://www.nsn.com / http://company.nokia.com/
Phone: +358 7140 02869