- Nokia Cloud Verification Service speeds up the deployment of virtualized applications
- Checks network fitness for telco cloud 90% faster than conventional testing
- Cuts risk of poorly performing virtualized applications
Espoo, Finland - 17 February 2015
Nokia Networks is launching a service to assess the suitability of existing operator telco cloud infrastructure to run Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs). The service identifies network shortfalls and recommends upgrades to enable operators to reap the maximum value from their assets. By tackling these problems upfront, operators can significantly speed up VNF implementation without the risk of creating poorly performing applications.
Nokia Cloud Verification Service uses a wide range of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to compare an operator's software and hardware against a reference cloud implementation. These KPIs are based on Nokia Networks' experience of telco cloud hardware, software, hypervisor and application configurations. Automated processes and tooling ensure that Nokia Networks professionals can deliver the full service within five weeks, 90% faster than testing implemented from scratch*.
Solution details at a glance:
- The overall process includes planning, testing and analysis as well as the final report with actionable recommendations for improvement. The report also provides a benchmark for the operator's infrastructure.
- Extension of Nokia Networks' cloud wise services**.
- Testing uses more than 1,000 automated test vectors to assess cloud services as well as networking, computing and storage facilities.
- Results are presented visually to speed understanding of the detailed measurements and analysis.
- Remote delivery option implies that no additional servers are required. Once the service is completed, the testing application is automatically decommissioned, leaving no lingering footprint.
- Supports initial cloud installations as well as subsequent events such as upgrades to the cloud, or when traffic volume or traffic profile thresholds are reached.
- The new service will be shown at the Nokia Experience Center, Hall 3, Stand 3B10.
Did you know?
The most critical factor in the rapidly evolving telco cloud environment is the reliable performance of the telco software products in the cloud.
Click here for an infographic about Nokia Cloud Verification Service.
For other Nokia Networks launches at Mobile World Congress, view the news at www.networks.nokia.com/performance.
- Press Blockbuster: Nokia Networks expands telco cloud portfolio, advances towards radio cloud
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Twitter: @nokianetworks
TAGS: cloud, telco cloud, virtualization, VNF, service, application deployment
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* Designing, deploying, measuring and analyzing 1,000+ tests in the Cloud Verification Service using command line scripts would require intense work by a skilled team equipped with the right expertise and experience.
** Nokia Networks' cloud wise professional services ensure that complex telco cloud deployments meet each operator's business objectives. They can comprise areas like migrating existing telco services to the cloud, deploying cloud applications, security solutions, software maintenance and operations support.