MWC Press Blockbuster
- 10 times more cells, spectrum and efficiency to mobile networks by 2020
- Portfolio enhancements in LTE- and TD-LTE-Advanced, Small Cells, Single RAN and
- Professional Services alongside demonstrations of future technologies such as LTE-U
- Prepares operators for 5G and Internet of Things while protecting spectrum investments
Espoo, Finland - 24 February 2015
Nokia Networks shows an evolution of technologies at Mobile World Congress 2015 that will allow mobile operators to serve huge data demands while maximizing their investment in spectrum assets on an evolution path to ultra-dense networks.
By 2020 mobile networks will need to serve 1000 times the traffic levels (compared to 2010) through a combination of technologies that deliver 10 times more cells, 10 times more spectrum and 10 times more efficiency.
This evolution will help operators prepare for 5G and the Internet of Things as well as build networks that expand the human possibilities of the connected world.
Portfolio enhancements at a glance:
- Extending the unique macro parity Small Cells offering with dual band LTE pico cells and a Flexi Zone 3G/Wi-Fi base station.
- Significant LTE-Advanced enhancements across all dimensions, with Carrier Aggregation launches for TDD-FDD, Small Cells and between sites.
- Capitalizing on new radio spectrum thanks to a new 8-pipe TD-LTE-Advanced 3.5GHz radio and future expansion to unlicensed bands with LTE-U technology; both demonstrated at MWC.
- Improving spectral efficiency with enhancements in both LTE- and TD-LTE-Advanced, including MIMO 4x4 and Downlink CoMP (Coordinated Multipoint).
- Single RAN Advanced portfolio now enables carbon neutral base station sites, with several launches including the launch of a new Radio Antenna System and advanced energy saving software.
- Consulting services to guide operators to the best and most cost efficient network evolution strategies, and a new Multi-layer Optimization service that can reduce unnecessary handovers by up to 20%.
- The demonstrations will be shown at the Nokia Experience Center, Hall 3, Stand 3B10.
Ken Rehbehn, Principal Analyst, 451 Research, said: "Mobile network operators are squeezed between surging customer mobile broadband data use and rising network costs. Innovative mobile network technologies and robust professional service offers make it possible for operators to deliver best-in-class 2G, 3G and LTE customer experience while driving down operational costs."
Marc Rouanne, Executive Vice President, Mobile Broadband at Nokia Networks, said: "Operators are preparing for the huge data growth that is coming with 5G and ultra-dense networks. We help them plan ahead to evolve their networks, making the most of their existing equipment as well as deploying the newest technologies to provide a seamless experience for mobile users across all access technologies and network layers."
Did you know?
Did you know that traffic across networks worldwide has nearly doubled every year for the last three years? And did you also know that network traffic is forecast to continue growing so that by 2023 it will have increased up to 10,000 times compared to 2010? This is why Nokia Networks is helping operators to prepare for Ultra Dense Networks with the launch of 35 new hardware, software and services features.
Click here to download a graphic illustration of Nokia Networks' evolution to ultra dense networks.
To follow all our MWC15 launches, visit www.networks.nokia.com/performance
- Supporting spotlight press releases:
- Nokia Networks scales up LTE-Advanced for dense networks #MWC15
- New Nokia Liquid Radio features boost LTE, 3G uplink throughput #MWC15
- Nokia Flexi Zone: faster hotspots, larger hot zones, more indoor coverage all support ultra-dense networks #MWC15
- Nokia Networks launches zero CO2 emission base station site offering #MWC15
- New Nokia Networks service uses advanced 3-D geolocation to cut handovers by up to 20%, boosting performance #MWC15
- Nokia Networks showcases new TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation features, industry's first 8-pipe 3.5 GHz radio #MWC15
- Whitepaper: Vision 2020
- Press Release: 4.1 Gbps record with Ooredoo, China Mobile
- MBB Web
- Services for HetNets
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: ultra-dense networks, 5G, Internet of things, Flexi Zone, small cells, TD-LTE, LTE-U
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ / http://company.nokia.com/
Phone: +358 7140 02869