- Nokia Networks garners double digit market share to emerge as China Telecom's biggest non-Chinese 4G vendor
- Reaffirms its status as operator's trusted and reliable strategic partner
Beijing, China - 2 March 2015
China Telecommunications Corporation (China Telecom), one of the country's premier operators, selected Nokia Networks as its largest non-Chinese network equipment supplier in its Phase 2 LTE New Build tender. With Nokia Networks' cutting edge technology and services expertise, customers will enjoy a truly unmatched mobile broadband experience.
Key highlights of the deal:
- Compact and energy-efficient Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station*, a software-defined radio platform that can be flexibly configured to increase network capacity depending on data consumption.
- Cloud-ready network management system, NetAct, for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimization of China Telecom's LTE network.
- Full suite of Professional Services such as network planning and optimization, network implementation, systems integration as well as hardware, software and competence development services.
Markus Borchert, President of Greater China Region, Nokia Networks, said: "After Nokia Networks' pivotal role in enabling China Telecom's LTE network in 2013, our partnership with the operator has reached a new dimension with this development. Apart from underlining China Telecom's faith in our capabilities to deliver on our commitments, this achievement also reiterates our stature as one of their preferred technology suppliers."
Did you know?
Taking into account all the operators in China, Nokia Networks is the top non-Chinese vendor in the country's 4G market. Our commercial 4G networks cover 23 provinces and municipalities (for 3 operators), including mega-cities like Beijing and Shanghai. By the end of August 2014, over 100,000 TD-LTE cells had already been put on air by Nokia Networks. Also, in September 2014, Nokia Networks and China Telecom announced the world-first FDD- TDD carrier aggregation including a user device chipset.
Click here for a photo of Nokia's Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station.
- Brochure: Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: mobile broadband, LTE, 4G, China Telecom, China
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +852 9747 5873
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* Nokia Networks' compact, multi-technology, modular and weatherproof Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station is also an award winner and supports a throughput of 10 Gbps. It enables energy-efficient base station sites with an 70% improvement in power consumption compared to traditional cabinet-based sites.