Nokia launches data center, cloud transformation services as operators move towards the telco cloud #MWC16
- Nokia Data Center services create a custom-made, multivendor cloud infrastructure that is both agile and cost effective
- Cloud Transformation Consulting services help operators find right balance of people, processes and technology for a shift to the cloud
- Managed Cloud Operations manages multi-vendor hybrid operations including cloud data center infrastructure and VNFs
18 February, 2016
Espoo, Finland - As network data usage continues to surge, Nokia is expanding its cloud wise services portfolio with the launch of three professional services, helping operators transform to the telco cloud and implement a data center infrastructure to run their cloud-based enterprise and telco functions. Nokia Data Center services take a DevOps (Development and Operations) based holistic approach to agile service delivery for multivendor cloud environments. This lets operators take full advantage of cloud technology to launch services quickly. The second new service, Nokia Cloud Transformation Consulting, helps operators plan and execute a practical strategy for making the best use of telco cloud opportunities. Managed Cloud Operations is a managed service for hybrid operations across hardware, cloudware and application layer management.
To boost its Data Center services, Nokia is establishing a design center in the UK, supported by delivery centers across the globe. Nokia applies automated testing and deployment to ensure accurate, cost effective and rapid delivery of data center solutions tailored to each operator's needs. Lean processes, DevOps and collaborative principles are also used to achieve continuous and rapid innovation. To complement its services portfolio, Nokia has now extended its partner ecosystem to increase its focus on Data Center services. An example of such collaboration is with Sanmina, which brings IT expertise and global supply chain capabilities to enrich the Nokia multivendor services delivery environment.
Nokia Data Center, Cloud Transformation Consulting and Managed Cloud Operations services in more detail:
- Nokia Data Center services address the computation, storage and network requirements of a cloud operator. The services help to evaluate and define telco data center requirements; design, build, operate and maintain multivendor solution architecture stacks; continuously and rapidly launch innovative services; and ensure telco grade availability and support. The infrastructure can be built using Nokia AirFrame hardware or any other vendor's products.
- Cloud Transformation Consulting applies Nokia's telco cloud experience and expertise to assess and complement an operator's cloud strategy with recommendations on architecture, tools and operational changes. The service helps operators plan, execute and monitor their transformation to a telco cloud environment, taking into account technology, people, processes and operations.
- Nokia will leverage its strong transformational Bell Labs Consulting practice to support operators and enterprises in addressing cloud transformation.
- Managed Cloud Operations helps operators manage hybrid networks. In a build-operate-transfer mode, Nokia experts provide the skills, tools and processes to speed up operational maturity for hybrid operations using a managed model.
Rosalyn Roseboro, Senior Analyst at Heavy Reading, said: "Heavy Reading's recent research shows that 62% of operators are very likely to rely on network equipment providers for data center transformation. By utilizing the DevOps approach that many of its customers are looking to adopt and providing consulting services that leverage innovations like the Telco Cloud Index, Nokia looks to be well-positioned to help its customers navigate through the complex process of moving to the cloud."
Igor Leprince , Executive Vice President, Global Services at Nokia, said: "As an end-to-end telco cloud solutions provider, we go beyond just offering hardware and software. The company has made a significant investment to ensure that our new Data Center services provide a strong foundation for the cloud. Our Cloud Transformation Consulting services help operators take informed steps towards a telco cloud environment. We offer the right telco expertise and are committed to being a trusted partner for operators as they look to adopt the telco cloud to help them create competitive advantages in terms of agility and costs."
Did you know?
More than 60% operators are looking to outsource data center integration due to the complexity associated with tailor-made infrastructure built for individual operator strategies.*
- Webpage: Data Center services, including:
- Webpage: Cloud wise services, including:
- Webpage: Managed Cloud Operations
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
*Source: Heavy Reading Service Provider Survey, December 2015 (combined research conducted together with Nokia)