- Thailand's leading converged service provider uses Nokia's IP/MPLS technology to enhance the quality of experience for consumers and businesses
28 September 2016
Bangkok, Thailand - True Group, Thailand's leading converged fixed and mobile operator, has deployed Nokia's IP/MPLS routing technology to upgrade its broadband infrastructure in the bustling capital of the country, Bangkok.
Surging demand for ultra-broadband fixed and mobile services, such as high-definition video and business services, have helped drive a dramatic increase in data traffic across True's converged network, both in the city and its surrounding area.
True is using Nokia's IP routing technology to modernize its broadband infrastructure to improve the quality of experience and better support the growing high-bandwidth content demands of consumers and businesses. Nokia's leading Service Router portfolio delivers the network performance and service richness necessary for True to provide flawless 4G LTE and 3G coverage to its 18 million mobile subscribers, high speed broadband to its 2.5 million broadband subscribers, and high quality pay TV service to its 3.2 million TrueVision customers. The network upgrade was completed in May 2016.
- The new IP/MPLS network is helping True meet the growing demands of fixed and mobile subscribers with a high-quality customer experience.
- True can also leverage Nokia's infrastructure in the future to evolve to more dynamic agile services powered by Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
- True is using Nokia 7750 Service Routers (7750 SR) in Bangkok with the 7210 service access switch (SAS) being deployed in the northeast, east and central west regions of Thailand.
- Nokia's 7750 SR portfolio is a suite of multi-service routing platforms which deliver high performance and service richness, and create exceptional value for networking in the cloud era.
- Nokia's 7210 SAS portfolio provides full function of Layer 2, Layer 3 and IP/MPLS services for access and aggregation applications.
Vichaow Rakphongphairoj, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Operational Development, True Corporation, said: "By leveraging Nokia's expertise and leading routing technology, we are able to provide seamless 4G LTE and 3G coverage along with quality, high-speed broadband data, voice and TV services to our mobile and fixed customers. We can also deliver advanced high-speed residential, business and mobile services even more quickly and efficiently."
Sebastien Laurent, country director of Nokia Thailand, said: "We are very honored to play such an important role in True Group's network transformation. As IP networking specialists, we have a long and successful heritage of deploying IP routers within operator networks across the globe. Our Service Router portfolio gives True the highest performance and service richness to help meet the stringent demands of consumers and businesses."
About True Corporation Plc (TRUE)
Incorporated in November 1990, True Corporation Plc is the principal company of True Group, Thailand's only fully-integrated, nationwide telecommunications provider and leader in convergence offering services. True Group's strength is its ability to deliver the convergence benefits of its networks, products and services. Its three core business segments are: True Mobile Group, which operates 3G and 4G LTE as well as 2G mobile businesses under the brands TrueMove H and TrueMove. With the combined strengths of 850 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies, TrueMove H offers the largest nationwide 3G coverage and was the first to launch commercial 4G LTE services on 2100 MHz in Thailand; TrueOnline, the largest fixed-line phone operator in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area (BMA) and the largest broadband and WiFi operator with the most comprehensive nationwide network using FTTx, DOCSIS 3.0 and xDSL technologies; and TrueVisions, the largest nationwide pay TV operator and first to offer HD quality content in the country. True's major shareholders include the Charoen Pokphand Group, one of Asia's largest conglomerates, and China Mobile, the world's largest mobile telecommunications company by market capitalization and subscriber base. For more information, please visit www.truecorp.co.th.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900