- FiberStar taps Nokia's IP/MPLS technology to offer triple-play services to its customers, opening new revenue streams for the service provider
- The world-class infrastructure can be used in the future to offer dynamic services powered by SDN and NFV
16 November 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia - FiberStar, Indonesia's national infrastructure service provider, has chosen Nokia's equipment and services to help deploy state-of-the-art Internet Protocol Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) Metro Ethernet networks in 48 cities across the islands of Java and Bali.
The IP/MPLS network uniqueness is in scalability and flexibility in relaying data, enabling FiberStar to deliver outstanding performance, improve uptime and reduce network congestion. Eventually, the network will allow people to enjoy high speed broadband and other high quality of IP-based services.
Nokia's solution for FiberStar network includes its 7750 Service Router (SR) family, which provides high-performance networking and supports the delivery of advanced services. This paves the way for leveraging future Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) services.
The deployment is also facilitated by the Nokia 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), which helps streamline operations by integrating IP and optical layers of the network infrastructure. This reduces operational costs and lets FiberStar offer increasingly dynamic services.
Sugiharto Darmakusuma, President Director at FiberStar, said: "The new and scalable IP/MPLS network will help us fulfill our customer's needs. FiberStar has partnered with Nokia because we have the same passion to accelerate national development and improve the quality of life for Indonesians through high-speed broadband connections. With Nokia's proven expertise, we will be able to provide high-speed broadband data, voice and TV cable services to our customers."
Robert Cattanach, head of Indonesia at Nokia, said: "After deploying 100G transport services for FiberStar in Java and Bali, we are pleased to announce this new IP/MPLS deployment, which will help FiberStar evolve its network to offer enhanced quality and new services to its customers. We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with FiberStar."
Overview of Nokia solutions:
- FiberStar will use products from Nokia's 7750 Service Router (SR) portfolio of multi-service routing platforms, which provides high-performance networking that supports the delivery of advanced services in the Cloud and IoT era
- Nokia 5620 SAM enables providers to maintain IP and optical demands together, which enhances efficiency in the integrated network
- Apart from IP/MPLS equipment, Nokia will also provide professional services including network design, training and maintenance for up to 5 years
- Webpage: 7750 Service Router
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
Established in 2014, FiberStar has grown to be a nationwide infrastructure service provider with a Net Neutrality concept. With 100% Fiber Optic, our network is being built in an open access architecture, allowing enterprise customers to enhance their service delivery and enabling telecommunication service providers to deliver TRIPLE PLAY service. FiberStar has been making progress and will continue to focus on delivering a QUAD PLAY ready network for speeding up the adoption of ICT in Indonesia. Our network will assure our customers to develop their business with no boundaries.
Nokia is a global leader in creating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Nokia APAC Media Relations
Phone: +852 9747 5873
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
Phone: +62 21 80621200