The game of building state of the art technology
Our vision – Driven by the human possibilities of technology, we’re creating a new type of connectivity through network and device technology that’s seamless, intelligent and secure. We’re designing intuitive and dependable technology, to help people thrive. We are an innovation leader in the technologies that connect people and things, combining network infrastructure, software and services, with advanced technologies for smart devices and sensors to tap the power of connectivity.
We believe that work is more than work – it’s a place for invention, innovation and curiosity.
At Nokia Portugal you’ll have the possibility to build state of the art technology and achieve extraordinary things in a business which is leading a new revolution in global connectivity. Our business enables a new type of network, converging mobile and fixed broadband access, IP routing and optical networks, with the software and services to optimize network performance.
If you’re up to the challenge, join us to expand the human possibilities of the connected world.
Building a path together
Our trainee program is a customized 18 month learning experience designed for tech–savvy and brave graduates in the forefront of the industry of connecting the world.
The initial 4 months will help you learn our business, operations and people – you’ll have the opportunity to deep dive in the uniqueness of Nokia and our technologies.
You’ll get a sharp idea of which path is more suitable for your native talent, expertise and ambitions, together with your managers.
As a trainee you will join one of 3 areas of expertise:
CORE networks play a key role to grant telecom services connecting several system nodes.
You will work with the highest performance equipment in the industry.
Mobile service ubiquity is now a basic need. With Nokia you will work with the latest AirScale/Radio technology which is the basis to provide services such as augmented reality, smart cities, IoT and connected cars.
Worldwide Rollout Project Management Support, considering the activities from the Scope of Work as different pieces of a LEGO, completely agnostic to Technology.
Trainee profile and approval requirements
When you were younger, did you crash your smartphone just because you couldn’t wait to see how it worked? Technology is our passion. We hope it’s yours too.
The program is a unique chance for you if you are:
- Passionate about technology and telecommunications
- A graduate student in Engineering, Telecommunications, Science or Technology related fields, with good academic performance
- Energetic and flexible person with a great team spirit and eagerness to achieve great things
- Analytical and result orientated with the ability to bring your own solutions and detail orientation
- Capable of planning and prioritizing daily working time effectively while being able to adapt to fast-changing conditions
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Available to travel abroad and willing to work in an international environment
What we offer
Our company is all about Achievement, Challenge, Renewal and Respect. These are the fundamental values that drive our thirst for creating the technology to connect the world.
Nokia trainee program provides not only the possibility of professional development but also the highest work standards.
Joining our trainee program stands for:
- Deployment of the latest technologies (from idea to implementation)
- Engaging projects that tackle yet undiscovered challenges
- Cutting-edge test laboratories and tools
- Working side-by-side with experts and be coached by experienced Managers and professionals from different areas
- International working environment with amazing clients and brands
- Several development paths and the possibility for a long-term evolution in our site in Amadora and abroad
- Curricular pedigree for future opportunities
Process, timetable and selection
November 21, 2017
The selection process will take place between October and December 2017:
1. Fill out the online application form by November 21, 2017.
2. Curricular analysis of the applicants who have passed the first stage.
3. 2-minute pitch videos (to evaluate your creativity and communication skills, as well as your orientation to excellence).
4. Phone interview.
5. Assessment days at Nokia Amadora campus.
6. Final interview: you might be one of the top ten candidates to join the program after this stage.
The program will start in January 2018.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org