- Utilizes HP, Microsoft and Telefonica's domain knowledge to build a world-class IT infrastructure for Nokia
- Facilitates the development of software with an eye on the future
- Marks important milestone in the journey towards IT-Telco convergence for a connected world
Espoo, Finland - 8 May 2015
Nokia has entered into strategic partnerships with HP, Microsoft and Telefonica to create an exceptional IT infrastructure and workplace environment. With the new cloud-based architecture in place, the company will be in a unique position to harness the complete potential of IT and telecommunications operations for superior quality, greater agility and faster introduction of new IT services. The transformation is planned to be completed during the first quarter of 2017.
Nokia's revamped IT infrastructure will facilitate next generation software development, collaboration and service delivery. In the future, the company's global delivery centers will migrate to a cloud-based architecture using the most advanced data center technology and automated delivery solutions for computing and storage.
The key elements of the partnerships with HP, Microsoft and Telefonica are:
- HP to provide a wide array of IT services, including enterprise cloud computing based on HP Helion Managed Private Cloud, as well collaboration, connectivity, workplace and network services
- Microsoft to be the key enabler for transferring IT services to the cloud (Office 365 and Microsoft Azure), and supporting Nokia in the adoption of new social and collaboration capabilities
- Telefonica to deliver telecom services, such as Wide Area Network (WAN) Internet access, and unified communication platform including: fixed voice, video and meeting services
Manfred Immitzer, CIO, Nokia Networks, said: "This investment will further improve our infrastructure quality and agility. It will simplify the global network solution and provide a much better service experience and connectivity for the users - our employees. In partnership with other industry leaders, we have laid a solid foundation to profit from next-generation software and optimize our IT Infrastructure costs. This IT infrastructure renewal is the biggest and most impactful IT program we have initiated over the last years."
Did you know?
Nokia and HP have an existing partnership to accelerate operator deployments of telco cloud.
Click here to download a photo of the HP contract signing ceremony.
Caption: Nokia CEO Rajeev Suri and HP CEO Meg Whitman shake hands after the contract signature.
Click here to download a photo of the Telefonica contract signing ceremony.
Caption: Nokia Networks CFOO Samih Elhage (sitting left), CEO Telefonica Business Solutions Juan Carlos López Vives (sitting right) and Nokia Networks CIO Manfred Immitzer (standing behind both) celebrating the contract signing.
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Nokia, IT infrastructure, workplace, next generation software, partnership, HP, Microsoft, Telefonica
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869