- Check the signal bar at the top of the screen to ensure you have good network coverage.
- Make a call from your phone to make sure that the network has registered the phone correctly.
- Go to Messaging > New (+) > tap 123 key located at the bottom left, type your own mobile phone number on the dial pad, type a message and then tap send. This will test your phone sending and receiving capabilities in one go.
- Disable the cellular data connection on your phone temporarily. Go to Settings > cellular (mobile network) and switch Data connection to Off.
- If you have Multi-SIM (two SIM cards with the same mobile phone number), note that SMS and MMS can only be received on your assigned “primary” SIM card.
- Check with your service provider that there are no issues with your subscription or SMS settings (Messaging > ... > settings > SMS centre number).
If the previous steps do not help, insert a different operator SIM card into your phone to verify that the phone is working properly.