Case study and research archive
Since the turn of the century, we’ve led environmental initiatives in the mobile industry. Our work is documented as detailed case studies, surveys and reports, to build on our collective knowledge and improve environmental practice.
Grouped by theme, our archive of studies and research provide a resource of initiatives, knowledge and ideas gathered over the past few years.
Reducing emissions through mobile technology
Study on the Usability of Different Standards and Methodologies for Assessing Environmental Performance of ICT Organisations, Products, Networks and Services
- pdf Executive summary (0.12 mb)
- pdf Use of Life Cycle Assessments: Opportunities and Limitations (0.04 mb)
- pdf High-level Comparison between Life Cycle Assessment Standards – with Focus on ETSI TS 103 199 and ITU-T L.1410 (0.05 mb)
- pdf High-Level Comparison between Standards for Organisational Inventories – with Special Focus on ITU-T L.1420 (0.04 mb)
- pdf Comparison between Organisation and Product Assessment (0.27 mb)
- pdf Product assessment aspects – smart phone (0.57 mb)
- pdf Network Assessment Aspects - Network Examples (0.13 mb)
- pdf Service Assessment Aspects – telecom service provider (0.05 mb)
- pdf Data Collection Challenges - Network Energy Consumption (0.04 mb)
- pdf Resource requirements (0.04 mb)
- pdf Public policy measures (0.09 mb)
Design for environment
Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is part of Nokia Group, and provides a portfolio of mobile, fixed and converged network technology, as well as professional services. The company’s goal is to develop, run and enable a sustainable business which combines environmental and business benefits.
In 2009, the company launched a comprehensive range of energy solutions for telecoms operators, designed to reduce network operating costs by using more efficient technology and renewable energy.
Find out how Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) aims to grow sustainably, and also helps other industry sectors to reduce their environmental footprint through more eco-friendly technology and carbon neutral energy services.
NSN’s manifesto for sustainable growth
Read about NSN Energy Solutions
Developing carbon neutral energy services