LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE
software release for Nokia Lumia 720 is Lumia Black (3056.40000.1349.20xx)
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings > phone update.
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get new apps, such as Nokia Storyteller for reliving the imaging experiences. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events, on the lock screen. Available from the Store app.
- Double-tap the screen to wake up your phone and get to your lock screen quickly
- Get improved camera quality and general stability and usability improvements
How to update software
Your Nokia Lumia now supports wireless Over the Air (OTA) updates and updating your phone is now even easier than ever. You don’t need any cables or computer, just download and install the update using your phone and an internet connection – using a Wi-Fi connection is best.
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. Use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Step 1. Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you.
Step 2. To view and to install the updates, just tap the notification message, and follow the instructions shown on your phone. You can install the update immediately, or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
Step 3. The update should take around 15-30 minutes, but it could take up to 60 minutes. You will not be able to use your phone during the update installation. Don’t worry if your phone restarts several times during the process, that’s completely normal.
MACDownload Nokia Photo Transfer for Mac
| 10 MB
Nokia Photo Transfer for Mac is a free app that connects your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 with your Mac OS computer, and helps you transfer photos and videos between the two. The app is only available in English.
MACWindows Phone Connector
Download the Windows Phone Connector for Mac from Mac App store to synchronise media files with your phone and download phone updates.