This Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for Nokia mobile devices sold in the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey is valid as of April 1, 2005.
For more information, see the Warranty FAQ.
MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY
NOTE! This Limited Warranty does not affect your legal (statutory) rights under your applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products.
Nokia Corporation ("Nokia") provides this Limited Warranty to you who have purchased the Nokia product(s) included in the sales package ("Product").
Nokia warrants to you that during the warranty period Nokia or a Nokia authorisedservice company will in a commercially reasonable time remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing or, should Nokia in its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased the Product provided that Nokia has intended the Product for sale in that country. However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey and Nokia originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries. Some limitations to the warranty service may apply because of country specific elements in the Products.
The warranty period starts at the time of Product's original purchase by the first end-user. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by a different warranty period (hereinafter "Warranty Period"). The different Warranty Periods are:
- Twenty-four (24) months for the mobile device and twelve (12) months for accessories (whether included in the mobile device sales package or sold separately) other than the consumable parts and accessories listed in (b) and (c) below;
- six (6) months for the following consumable parts and accessories: batteries, chargers, desk stands, headsets, cables and covers; and
- ninety (90) days for the media on which any software is provided, e.g. CD-rom, memory card.
As far as your national laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, Nokia authorisedrepair or replacement of the Product. However, part(s) repaired or replacement product during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for sixty (60) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
How to get warranty service
If you wish to make a claim under this Limited Warranty, please return your Product or the affected part (if it is not the entire Product) to a Nokia authorisedservice company. You can call a Nokia call centre (national or premium rates may apply) for further details on how to make a claim. Information about Nokia authorisedservice companies and call centres can be found in the sales package, or at local Nokia web pages, where available.
Any claim under this Limited Warranty is subject to you notifying Nokia or a Nokia authorisedservice company of the alleged defect within a reasonable time of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period.
When making a claim under this Limited Warranty you will be required to provide: a) the Product (or the affected part) and b) the original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the IMEI or other serial number.
What is not covered?
- This Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included or downloaded in the Product, whether included during instalment, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by you. Nokia does not warrant that any Nokia software will meet your requirements, will work in combination with any hardware or software provided by a third party, that the operation of any software will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects in the software are correctable or will be corrected.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover a) normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of camera lenses, batteries or displays), b) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, compressing or dropping, etc.), or c) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided by Nokia (e.g. as set out in the Product's user guide) and/or e) other acts beyond the reasonable control of Nokia.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Nokia or was used otherwise than for its intended use. Defects can be caused by viruses from your or from a third party's unauthorised access to services, other accounts, computer systems or networks. This unauthorised access can take place through hacking, password mining or through a variety of other means.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an authorisedservice centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Product's serial number, the mobile accessory date code or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined in the sole discretion of Nokia.
- This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
Other important notices
A third party, independent operator provides the SIM card and cellular and/or other network or system on which the Product operates. Therefore, Nokia will not accept responsibility under this warranty for the operation, availability, coverage, services or range of the cellular or other network or system. Before Nokia or Nokia authorisedservice company can repair or replace the Product the operator may need to unlock any SIM-lock or other lock that may have been added to lock the Product to a specific network or operator. In such situations kindly contact first your operator to unlock the Product.
Please remember to make back-up copies or keep written records of all important content and data stored in your Product, because content and data may be lost during repair or replacement of the Product. Nokia, in a manner consistent with the provisions of the section entitled "Limitation of Nokia's Liability" below, shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from loss of, damage to, or corruption of, content or data during repair or replacement of the Product.
All parts of the Product or other equipment that Nokia has replaced shall become the property of Nokia. If the Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Nokia and its authorisedservice companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee. When repairing or replacing the Product, Nokia may use products or parts that are new, equivalent to new or re-conditioned.
Your Product may contain country specific elements, including software. If the Product has been re-exported from its original destination country to another country, the Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered to be a defect under this Limited Warranty.
Limitation of Nokia's liability
This Limited Warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy against Nokia and Nokia's sole and exclusive liability in respect of defects in your Product. This Limited Warranty replaces all other Nokia warranties and liabilities, whether oral, written, (non-mandatory) statutory, contractual, in tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, and where permitted by applicable law, any implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. However, this Limited Warranty shall neither exclude nor limit i) any of your legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national laws or ii) any of your rights against the seller of the Product.
To the extent permitted by applicable law(s) Nokia does not assume any liability for loss of or damage to or corruption of data, for any loss of profit, loss of use of Products or functionality, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of revenues or loss of anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses or for any indirect loss or damage, consequential loss or damage or special loss or damage.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Nokia´s liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product. The above limitations shall not apply in case of gross negligence or intentional misconduct of Nokia or in case of death or personal injury resulting from Nokia´s proven negligence.
NOTE! Your Product is a sophisticated electronic device. Nokia strongly encourages you to familiarize yourself with the user guide and instructions provided with and for the Product. Please also note that the Product might contain high precision displays, camera lenses and other such parts, which could be scratched or otherwise damaged if not handled very carefully.