LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE
software release for Nokia Lumia 1520 is 1028.3562.1407.1001
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings > phone update.
- Improvements to touch sensitivity
- Improvements to Bluetooth connection quality
- Improvements to headset detection
- Improvements to stability and performance
Tips for a successful Lumia Cyan update
Great stuff comes in big packages! Before starting the update, we recommend that you make enough space on your phone for the update. Having about 1.5GB free phone memory will ensure that your software update goes smoothly. To check for available free space, go to Settings > storage check. In the below Software Update FAQs you can find detailed instructions on how to clear up some space on your phone and other tips to help you, for example if you encounter an update error.
The Lumia Cyan update with Windows Phone 8.1 consists of two parts, and after the first update your phone will automatically check for updates again. Follow all the update prompts so that you don’t miss out on any of the goodies.
How To Update Software
Many issues could be resolved just by updating your phone software, and you can get fresh new features and improved performance too. Your phone supports wireless Over the Air (OTA) updates and there is no need for cables or computer, just download and install the update using your phone. Also, your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you. You can also check for updates, just tap Settings > Phone Update.
- Tip! Use a Wi-Fi network to download the update and avoid mobile data transmission costs. Before starting the update, connect to a charger or make sure your phone has enough battery power (at least 50%). You might also need to make enough space on your phone for the update (1.5GB free phone memory is recommended). To check for available free space, go to Settings > storage sense (storage check).
Step 2. To view and to install the updates, tap the notification message, and follow the instructions shown on your phone. You can install the update immediately, or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
Step 3. The update should take around 15-30 minutes, but a major update could take up to 2 hours to complete depending on your phone model. You are not able to use your phone during the update installation. Follow all the update prompts, and do not worry if your phone restarts several times during the process, that is completely normal.
Additional app updates from the Store could be needed to fully enable new features for your phone. You will get the app update notification on the Store app shortly after the software update.
Software Update FAQs
- How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?
- My Lumia stays at the spinning gears, how do I get it to stop?
- What can I do to free up the phone memory on my Lumia?
- How do I check if there are new updates available for my Lumia phone?
- What if I have trouble installing an update on my Lumia phone?
MACDownload Nokia Photo Transfer for Mac
| 10 MB
Nokia Photo Transfer for Mac is a free app that connects your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 with your Mac OS computer, and helps you transfer photos and videos between the two. The app is only available in English.
MACWindows Phone Connector
Download the Windows Phone Connector for Mac from Mac App store to synchronise media files with your phone and download phone updates.