Nokia 8.3 5G Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty Service
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between the HMD Global Oy (the home of Nokia phones) (hereinafter referred to as “Manufacturer”) and the Consumer(s) in the provision of the Services. The Consumer agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions in order to continue the booking for Services.
Nokia 8.3 5G Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty Service - Never be without your phone
- This service is designed to reduce the amount of time you are without your phone. We will provide you a Nokia 8.3 5G phone to replace your original phone should an in-warranty hardware fault arise.
- This program only applies to Nokia 8.3 5G phone.
- This program is only applicable for phones purchased in Australia from an authorised retailer.
- The service can be satisfied once only and applies to phones that need in warranty repair that occurs within the first 24 months after the date of purchase.
- The terms and conditions of the original Manufacturers Limited Warranty for the phone will be applicable.
- In case you need further help, please contact Nokia Customer Support www.nokia.com/phones/support
A. How to use the Service
If your phone develops an issue that is classified as an in warranty fault that cannot be fixed by an over the air (OTA) software update, please visit our repair portal https://bookings.qsl.net.au/portal/hmdnokia/booking
One of our dedicated customer service representatives will contact you to trouble shoot the problem. If the problem cannot be rectified by an over the air (OTA) software update and you decide to use our replacement warranty service, we will require a $299 deposit before issuing you a Nokia 8.3 5G replacement phone. The replacement phone will be couriered to your address. Once you receive the replacement phone you will need to return the original faulty phone to us within 10 days using the packaging and return satchel provided. When the faulty phone has been received at our repair facility (QSL) and if no physical or liquid damage is found, we will refund the $299 deposit to you.
i. We will contact you if the faulty phone is not received after 10 working days and discuss the situation to see if you need more time. Should the faulty phone not be returned to us, an additional fee of $300 will also be charged to you.
ii. If the faulty phone is received with liquid damage, a fee of $300 will apply and additionally the deposit of $ 299 will not be refunded.
iii. If the faulty phone is received with a broken front screen a fee of $149 will apply and $150 will be refunded from the $299 deposit.
iv. If the faulty phone is received with a broken back cover a fee of $69 will apply and $230 will be refunded from the $299 deposit.
v. If the faulty phone received is found to have any other faults caused by physical damage it will not be covered under warranty and a fee of $300 will also be chargeable.
vi. If the faulty phone received is found to have no fault, a fee of $49 will apply and a $250 will be refunded from the $299 deposit
For any other repairs that are not covered by the manufacturers limited warranty including non-Australian phones you can book using the standard same unit repair process and be charged for the cost of repair.
If you do not wish to use the replacement warranty service you can always book in for the standard same unit repair option where we shall send a courier to collect your phone, repair and return it within a short period of time.
B. What this Service does not cover:
Any damage excluded by the Manufacturers Limited Warranty is not covered by this service and will be chargeable to you, the consumer. Please refer to the manufacturers limited warranty included with your sales pack or visit https://www.nokia.com/phones/support#warranty for further information in this regard.
C. Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty Service – Terms and Conditions
Service for and behalf of HMD Global Oy, Bertel Jungin aukio 9, 02600 Espoo, Finland, hereinafter referred as “Manufacturer”.
The Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty Service (Service) offer eligible consumers a swap/replacement phone to replace their faulty phone, when applicable for an in-warranty repair. The following Terms and Conditions apply on the Service:
- The Service is available only for Consumers with age 18 years and older. The Consumer under 18 years old must have a parent's or guardian's permission to avail the Service. Manufacturer or authorized Nokia repair service provider may require the parent or guardian to sign these Terms and Conditions as a condition of the Service entry.
- The Manufacturer reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the Nokia Phone and on its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who the Manufacturer has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Service.
- The Consumer maybe required to provide a valid proof of purchase, showing the date of purchase to validate the eligibility of the Nokia Phone.
- This Service is not transferrable or exchangeable and applies to the original purchaser/consumer only.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Manufacturer’s sole discretion. Failure by the Manufacturer to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Manufacturer’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If this Service is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Manufacturer, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Manufacturer reserves the right, on its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Service, as appropriate.
- Any cancellation or modification to the Service will be notified on the Manufacturer’s web site www.nokia.com/phones
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or intents to limit, exclude or modify any consumer product warranties already provided by the Manufacturer, or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the local consumer legislations of the country in which the Service is available during the Service Period.
- The Manufacturer is not liable for any loss, deletion, corruption or destruction of data stored by the consumer on the eligible Phone, loss or damage to third party hardware or software or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damages. The Consumer is required to back up or delete all data from the faulty phone before sending for repair.
- The Manufacturer will not be liable for any phone or products/accessories damaged if not sent in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Nokia online repair service terms and replacement warranty service.
- If a Phone or any part thereof is deemed unrepairable or if parts are no longer available the Manufacturer may on its sole discretion replace the Phone or Product with another product of equal or greater value.
- Limitation Of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Manufacturer, its subsidiary or any party acting on its behalf and its employees and agents will under no circumstances be liable to you or any subsequent owner for any indirect or consequential defects, including but not limited to costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data or the failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, any loss of business, profits, revenue or anticipated savings, resulting from its obligations under this Service . To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the limit of the Manufacturer and its’ employees and agent’s liability to you and any subsequent owner arising under the plan shall not exceed the invoice value of the covered phone. The Manufacturer specifically does not warrant that (i) it will be able to repair or replace covered phone without risk to or loss of programs or data, (ii) it will maintain the confidentiality of data, or (iii) that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error- free. Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or limit Manufacturer’s liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or (b) fraud. To the extent that liability under such laws and regulations may be limited, Manufacturer ‘s liability is limited, at its sole option, to replace or repair of the specified phone or supply of the service.
- Complete Agreement: This Agreement governs service terms. No other oral or written terms or conditions apply.
- Force Majeure: The Manufacturer is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing service or delivering your product or a replacement phone that are due to events outside its reasonable control.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Australia. All disputes in relation to this Service will be addressed in accordance with appliable laws of State of New South Wales.