To check if your phone has a removable or non-removable battery, see the Get started guide.
Devices with a removable battery Only use your device with its original rechargeable battery. The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery.
Devices with a non-removable battery Do not attempt to remove the battery, as you may damage the device. To replace the battery, take the device to your nearest authorised service facility.
The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, take the device to the nearest authorised service facility to have the battery replaced.
Charge your device with the provided charger. Charger plug types may vary. Charging time can vary depending on device capability.
Once your device is fully charged, unplug the charger from the device and electrical outlet. Please note that continuous charging should not exceed 12 hours. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. Always keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F) for optimal performance. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily. Note that the battery may drain quickly in cold temperatures and lose enough power to switch off the phone within minutes. When you are outdoors in cold temperatures, keep your phone warm.
Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Obey local regulations. Recycle when possible. Do not dispose as household waste.
Do not dismantle, cut, crush, bend, puncture, or otherwise damage the battery in any way. If a battery leaks, do not let liquid touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water or seek medical help. Do not modify, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids. Batteries may explode if damaged.
Use the battery and charger for their intended purposes only. Improper use of, or use of unapproved or incompatible, batteries or chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion, or other hazards, and may invalidate any approval or warranty. If you believe the battery or charger is damaged, take it to a service centre or your local phone shop before continuing to use it. Never use a damaged battery or charger. Only use the charger indoors. Do not charge your device during a lightning storm.
Additionally, the following applies if your device has a removable battery: