To save power:
- Always charge the battery fully.
- Mute unnecessary sounds, such as touch sounds. Tap Settings > Sound > Advanced, and under Other sounds and vibrations, select which sounds to keep.
- Use wired headphones, rather than the loudspeaker.
- Set the phone screen to switch off after a short time. Tap Settings > Display > Advanced > Sleep and select the time.
- Tap Settings > Display > Brightness level. To adjust the brightness, drag the brightness level slider. Make sure that Adaptive brightness is disabled.
- Stop apps from running in the background: tap check_box_outline_blank, and close the apps you don’t need.
- Switch on the power saver: tap Settings > Battery > Battery saver, and switch to On.
- Use location services selectively: Switch location services off when you don’t need them. Tap Settings > Security & Location > Location, and switch to Off.
- Use network connections selectively:
switch Bluetooth on only when needed.
Use a Wi-Fi connection to connect to the internet, rather than a mobile data connection.
Stop your phone scanning for available wireless networks. Tap Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi, and switch to Off.
If you're listening to music or otherwise using your phone, but don't want to make or receive calls, switch the airplane mode on. Tap Settings > Network & Internet > Airplane mode.
Airplane mode closes connections to the mobile network and switches your device’s wireless features off.