To check if your phone has a removable or non-removable battery, see the Get started guide.
Devices with a removable battery Use your device only with an original rechargeable battery. The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery.
Devices with a non-removable battery Do not attempt to remove the battery, as you may damage the device. The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, to replace the battery, take the device to the nearest authorized service facility.
Charge your device with a compatible charger. Charger plug type may vary. Charging time can vary depending on device capability.
Once charging of your device is complete, unplug the charger from the device and electrical outlet. Please note that continuous charging should not exceed 12 hours. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. Always keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F) for optimal performance. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily. Note that the battery may drain quickly in cold temperatures and lose enough power to switch off the phone within minutes. When you are outdoors in cold temperatures, keep your phone warm.
Obey local regulations. Recycle when possible. Do not dispose as household waste.
Do not expose the battery to extremely low air pressure or leave it to extremely high temperature, for example dispose it in a fire, as that may cause the battery to explode or leak flammable liquid or gas.
Do not dismantle, cut, crush, bend, puncture, or otherwise damage the battery in any way. If a battery leaks, do not let liquid touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water, or seek medical help. Do not modify, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids. Batteries may explode if damaged.
Use the battery and charger for their intended purposes only. Improper use, or use of unapproved or incompatible batteries or chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion, or other hazard, and may invalidate any approval or warranty. If you believe the battery or charger is damaged, take it to a service centre or your phone dealer before continuing to use it. Never use a damaged battery or charger. Only use the charger indoors. Do not charge your device during a lightning storm. When charger is not included in the sales pack, charge your device using the data cable (included) and a USB power adaptor (may be sold separately). You can charge your device with third-party cables and power adaptors that are compliant with USB 2.0 or later and with applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards. Other adaptors may not meet applicable safety standards, and charging with such adaptors could pose a risk of property loss or personal injury.
Third -party chargers that comply with the applicable CTIA requirements and bear the USB-IF logo, and can connect to your device USB connector, may also be compatible.
Only use the battery with a charging system that has been qualified with the system per CTIA Certification Requirements for Battery System Compliance to IEEE 1725. Use of an unqualified battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard.
Replace the battery only with another battery that has been qualified with the system per this standard, IEEE-Std-1725. Use of an unqualified battery may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage or other hazard.
Avoid dropping the device or battery. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a service center for inspection.
Improper battery use may result in a fire, explosion or other hazard.
To unplug a charger or an accessory, hold and pull the plug, not the cord.
Additionally, the following applies if your device has a removable battery: