Chief Corporate Affairs Officer (CCAO)
Melissa Schoeb is Nokia’s Chief Corporate Affairs Officer and oversees Communications, Government Relations, Brand, and Sustainability.
Melissa’s priorities are to advance Nokia’s global reputation to drive and support the company’s business strategy as well as help shape relevant debates and ensure a strong voice for Nokia.
Prior to joining Nokia in 2021, Melissa worked at Occidental, one of the world’s largest independent oil and gas companies, where she was Vice President, Corporate Affairs. Before Occidental, she held a number of senior leadership positions at FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading communications consultancies, and was Director of Global Communications for Nortel Networks, a multinational telecommunications and data networking equipment manufacturer.
Melissa also has significant management consulting and business management experience, having held a business director role at The VenCom Group, a venture capital company focused on the telecommunications sector, and consulting roles at Gemini Consulting (now Capgemini).
Melissa holds a dual Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Spanish from the University of Mary Washington in the US and has conducted research to define the impact of political initiatives on international economies for the Four Freedoms foundation in Italy.
Melissa is based in Espoo, Finland, speaks Spanish and Italian fluently and has lived and worked in several countries in North and South America, Europe and Africa. In her spare time, she enjoys travelling, exercising and watching her son play goal on his youth hockey team.
- Occidental, 2007–2021
- Vice President, Corporate Affairs
- Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- Senior Director, Communications and Public Affairs
- FleishmanHillard, 2002–2007
- Senior Vice President and Senior Partner, General Manager, Southern California
- Senior Vice President and Partner, General Manager, San Diego
- Senior Vice President
- Director of Global Communications, Nortel Networks, 2000–2002
- Vice President, Technology, FleishmanHillard, 1998–2000
- Business Director, The VenCom Group Inc, 1995–1997
- Consultant, Gemini Consulting (now Capgemini), 1991–1995
Current positions of trust and professional memberships:
- Member, Arthur Page Society and The Seminar
- Board member, College of Business Executive Advisory Board, University of Mary Washington