Chief Customer Experience Officer (CCXO)
As Chief Customer Experience Officer (CCXO) at Nokia, Ricky is responsible for helping Nokia’s telecommunications customers realize their vision and ambition through his leadership of the company’s global sales and marketing functions.
A dynamic leader with 25 years of international experience in the telecommunications industry, Ricky is known for his strong commitment to customer satisfaction and to leading his team to ever-higher achievements. Throughout his career he has demonstrated an ability to exceed sales targets through an intense customer focus and a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of Nokia’s customers.
Ricky previously served as President of Customer Operations, Americas and before that as Market Head, North America. In these roles he swiftly returned the North America region to growth and oversaw Nokia’s participation in the first 5G launches in the US, as well as presiding over a long growth spell in Latin America.
Prior to this, Ricky served as Head of the Asia Pacific region, helping the company gain share in many key markets, including Japan and Indonesia, and was also responsible for opening up new markets in South Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and Bangladesh. Before this he held senior sales and marketing positions in the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe.
Ricky holds a bachelor’s degree in communications and electronic engineering from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in Australia.
He resides in Northern California, is married and has four children. He is an avid golfer and enjoys tennis, bike riding, reading and spending time with his family.
- President of Customer Operations, Americas, Nokia, 2019–2020
- Executive Vice President and President of North America, Nokia, 2011–2018
- Head of Asia Pacific, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2009–2011
- Head of Asia North Region, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2008–2009
- Head of Hutchison Global Customer Business Team, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007–2008
- Vice President Asia Pacific, Nokia Networks, 2005–2007
- Lead Sales Director Asia Pacific, Nokia Networks, 2004–2005
- Account Director Telstra, Nokia Networks, 2002–2003
- Account Director Vodafone Australia and New Zealand, and Sales Director Vodafone Asia Pacific Customer Business Team, Nokia Networks, 2001–2002
- Commercial Director Global Accounts British Telecom, Nokia Networks, 2001
- Senior sales and marketing positions at Nokia, 1993–2001