Tommi Uitto, President of Mobile Networks
Tommi is passionate about developing mobile broadband networks and seeing his customers thrive as they deliver an ever better mobile customer experience and create the Internet of Things.
As the head of Nokia’s Mobile Networks Business Group, Tommi is shaping not only our industry, but society itself by bringing 5G to the market.
His previous roles include leading worldwide sales of MN and heading Nokia Networks’ business in West Europe. Having joined the industry during the heyday of 2G/GSM, Tommi played a part in introducing and rolling out 3G and LTE technologies. He was in charge of the LTE Radio Access business line at the time 4G services were first launched in Korea, Japan, and Scandinavia.
Tommi holds Master’s degrees from the Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, and Michigan Technological University, U.S.. He is based in Finland and has also lived in the U.S. and France.
- Previously Senior Vice President, Global Product Sales, Mobile Networks, 2016–2018
- Senior Vice President, Global MBB Sales, Customer Operations, Nokia Networks, 2015–2016
- Senior Vice President, West Europe, Customer Operations, Nokia Networks, 2013–2015
- Head of Radio Cluster (SVP), Mobile Broadband, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2012–2013
- Head of Global LTE Radio Access Business Line (VP), Mobile Broadband, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2011–2012
- Head of Quality, Mobile Broadband, 2012
- Head of Product Management, Network Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2010
- Head of Product Management, Radio Access, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2009
- Head of WCDMA/HSPA and Radio Platforms Product Management, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2008
- Head of WCDMA/HSPA Product Line Management, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007
- General Manager, Radio Controller Product Management, Nokia Networks 2005–2007
- Director, Sales & Marketing (Lead Sales Director), France Telecom/Orange Nokia Networks, 2002–2005
- Operations Director, Northeast Europe, Central & Eastern Europe and Middle East, Nokia Networks, 1999–2002