- Nokia’s partnership ecosystem prepares for local 5G/private wireless LTE in Japan as local 5G spectrum becomes available at end of year
- Partnering with different industrial leaders is key to delivering Nokia’s industrial grade private wireless solutions, which contribute to the digital transformation of enterprises such as factories, government, utilities, rail and aviation
11 December, 2019
Espoo, Finland – Nokia today announced that it is building out its strategic partnership ecosystem to bring local 5G/private wireless LTE to industrial and government customers in Japan. Spectrum designated for local 5G will be released in Japan at the end of 2019 for enterprise use. Taking advantage of this new spectrum and together with its industry leading partners, Nokia will help accelerate IoT for industries in Japan by uniquely offering an end-to-end industrial grade private wireless portfolio.
The Japanese government is releasing 5G spectrum designated for individual companies and local governments (known in Japan as local 5G) at the end of 2019. This will enable enterprises, regional authorities and other organizations in Japan to deploy the next-generation of industrial-strength wireless connectivity based on LTE and 5G technologies to create local private, reliable networks.
Nokia has built a partnership eco-system with five industry leading companies spanning multiple segments, including NS Solutions for factory IoT, Marubeni for global IoT, Internet Initiative Japan for Full MVNO, Equinix for multi-cloud and global data centers, and Hitachi Kokusai Electric for smart social infrastructure and smart cities with video solutions.
Through these partnerships, enterprise customers can explore end to end, secure, reliable, low-latency connectivity powered by Nokia’s technologies and solutions
Nokia’s local 5G/private wireless LTE portfolio offers ultra-reliable and secure broadband wireless connectivity that delivers near spotless coverage across industrial sites. The industrial-grade solutions also seamlessly expand the enterprise's business footprint to support new applications as they embrace the move to Industry 4.0.
John Harrington, Head of Nokia Japan, said: “Nokia Japan is strategically establishing a partnership eco-system with companies. Our aim is to better serve the increasing needs for local 5G/private wireless LTE in Japan, which has proven its ability to provide reliable, secure, high-capacity connectivity. With spectrum availability now opening up in Japan, Nokia is bringing forth a unique combination of technology, services and partnerships to help its customers deploy end-to-end solutions that will jumpstart their digital transformations.”
Nokia’s industrial grade private wireless solution:
- Provides enterprises with a dedicated wireless network that reserves its full capacity for business-critical machines, sensors and workers. LTE/4.9G is the latest evolution of the 4G standard and can support the majority of today’s industrial applications. The Nokia Industrial-grade private wireless solution is easily upgradeable to 5G as industrial 5G devices become available.
- Nokia has two approaches to private wireless to fit all requirements:
- Nokia Digital Automation Cloud is an end-to-end digitalization platform for private wireless connectivity and automation. It comes with spectrum, edge computer, access points, applications and user equipment. It is a scalable on-premise as-a-service solution.
- Nokia Modular Private Wireless (MPW) is an end-to-end customizable solution for enterprises who want to build and operate their own private wireless network.
- The Nokia private wireless solution is complemented by Nokia’s mission-critical IP/MPLS, optical, wireless backhaul, and passive optical LAN (POL) solutions.
About Nokia for Industries
Nokia has deployed over 1,000 mission-critical networks with leading customers in the transport, energy, large enterprise, manufacturing, webscale and public sector segments around the globe. Leading enterprises across industries are leveraging our decades of experience building some of the biggest and most advanced IP, optical, and wireless networks on the planet. The Nokia Bell Labs Future X for industries architecture provides a framework for enterprises to accelerate their digitalization and automation journey to Industry 4.0. Nokia has also pioneered the private wireless space with many verticals, and now has over 120 large enterprise customers deploying it around the world.
- Downloadable Industry 4.0 images website
- Accelerating the journey to Industry 4.0: Downloadable Infographic
- Blog: “Make the connection: Industry 4.0 happens with industrial-grade private wireless”
- Blog: “The top five reasons to move to private wireless now”
- From now to next: Nokia Industrial-grade Private Wireless website
- Nokia new private wireless product features website
- Nokia Digital Automation Cloud webpage
- “Networking solutions for the new age of industry” whitepaper
- “Industrial-grade private wireless for Industry 4.0 applications” whitepaper
- Nokia Now to Next video
We create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Our customers include communications service providers whose combined networks support 6.1 billion subscriptions, as well as enterprises in the private and public sector that use our network portfolio to increase productivity and enrich lives.
Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900