- Nokia Sleep offers advanced sleep analysis and smart home automation powered with IFTTT (if this then that) to transform morning and evening sleep routines.
- Nokia Health Mate App now integrated with Amazon Alexa to offer insights through cloud-based voice service;
- New Rose Gold edition of Steel HR also launched
Las Vegas, Nevada - Nokia announced today the launch of Nokia Sleep, an advanced sensor that seamlessly delivers personalized sleep analysis and offers smart home control through IFTTT integration. At the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Nokia also announced the integration of its Health Mate app with Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon, providing users with data and insights on their activity, sleep and weight. Nokia will also be launching a new rose gold edition of its popular Steel HR activity tracking watch.
Sleep quality is a key factor in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, with ongoing sleep deficiency linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke according to the National Institutes of Health.
Nokia Sleep is a Wi-Fi enabled pad that fits under the mattress and provides insight into the quality of the sleep experience while offering environment control through IFTTT, an automation service for all internet-connected things. The new sleep sensor includes:
- Sleep cycle analysis: sleep duration and interruptions; light, deep and rapid-eye-movement phases; and snoring tracking.
- An individualized Sleep Score is provided to indicate how restorative a night's sleep was, and educate users about what makes a good night's sleep and how they can improve night after night.
- Smart Home control via the IFTTT home automation platform. Nokia Sleep acts as a switch to automatically control lights, thermostats and more by getting into and out of bed. For example, users can automatically dim the lights when they get into bed.
- Nokia Sleep synchronizes automatically with the Nokia Health Mate app so users can have all their health data in one place. The app provides data history, personalized advice and coaching programs, including one developed specifically around sleep.
Nokia Sleep Sensor and Health Mate App
"Our vision is to help make the world a healthier place and quality of sleep is as critical a component of a healthy lifestyle as regular exercise and a balanced diet," said Rob Le Bras-Brown, head of Nokia's digital health business. "Nokia Sleep gives users insight into what happens when their eyes are closed along with the ability to change the environment for more restorative sleep with IFTTT home automation capabilities. Nokia Sleep will be a game changer in helping maximize a night's sleep to make the most of the next day."
Working with leading sleep experts, Nokia has developed the Sleep Smarter Program, available through the Health Mate app, which guides users during an eight-week period to help them understand sleep patterns and learn to have more balanced and regular sleep routines, especially between weekdays and weekends. Endorsed by renowned sleep specialist Dr. Christopher Winter from the Charlottesville Neurology and Sleep Medicine Clinic, the program has shown that users can increase their sleep by 12 minutes a night with small changes to their behavior and routine.
Nokia Better Sleep Infographic
"Understanding the quality of your sleep is the first step towards improving it," said Dr. Winter. "Small changes to routine and environment can have a dramatic impact on restorative sleep. Tools like Nokia Sleep will play a critical role in aiding that understanding."
Nokia Sleep joins a larger connected health ecosystem of Nokia activity watches, smart scales, and smart health devices and will be available in Q1 2018 priced at $99.95. Nokia Sleep will be available via https://health.nokia.com/us/en/sleep, Amazon.com and other leading retailers.
The Nokia Health Ecosystem
Alexa Integration for Nokia Health Mate
The Nokia Health Mate app will now integrate with Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon, meaning users can manage their health and fitness with their voice via an Alexa Skill through Alexa-enabled devices. Adding the Alexa Skill for Health Mate is an easy way for users to boost their motivation and check in with progress made. Alexa can share insights around tracking activity, sleep and weight for more customized and contextual insights. Integration with Alexa offers users more flexibility in how they access and use historical data, seamlessly integrating these insights into their daily routines and lives. The Nokia Health Mate app Alexa Skill will be available in Beta beginning January 8, 2018.
New rose gold edition of Steel HR
Nokia Steel HR, an activity tracking watch with heart rate monitoring, smartphone notifications and personalized coaching programs, is now available online at https://health.nokia.com/ and in select retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon.com. The watch will also launch with a new rose gold edition in February 2018, allowing people to customize their watch with new color combinations including:
- Rose gold with black Italian leather
- Rose gold with blue Italian leather
- Rose gold with gray silicone
- Rose gold with black silicone
Nokia Steel HR Rose Gold
The leather versions will come with a silicone strap for users to easily swap out before working out. Nokia Steel HR combines sophisticated French design with advanced heart rate and activity monitoring. The unparalleled battery life of up to 25 days and up to 20 more days in power reserve mode offers flexibility for users. Nokia Steel HR is also waterproof to 5ATM or 50meters and can be used while swimming. Nokia Steel HR, personalized to fit in with different lifestyles, will come priced from $180 - $250.
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900