- ONE Broadband's Home and Enterprise Customers will be able to enjoy seamless high-bandwidth services
- Nokia will replace legacy Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) -based network with new fiber network to serve the ultra-broadband needs of the customer
February 14, 2018
New Delhi, India - ONE Broadband, a Hinduja Group company for Telecom Data Services for Home & Enterprise segments, has partnered with Nokia to address growing customer demand for high-speed services and capacity by deploying its Gigabit Passive Optical Networking (GPON) technology. With this partnership, ONE Broadband will be able to meet the ultra-broadband needs of its customers irrespective of network congestion.
ONE Broadband will leverage Nokia's GPON technology along with its Broadband Network Gateway (BNG), Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), to provide 2Gbps broadband connections to home users. The project will also allow ONE Broadband to upgrade bandwidth to symmetrical 10Gbps for enterprise customers.
ONE Broadband will be able to provide differentiated and enhanced services to its customers with the help of Nokia BNG. The entire network would be based on MPLS technology and handle hundreds of Gigabits of traffic per second, enabling ONE Broadband customers to consume voice, video and data services at lightning speed.
The technology will be initially deployed in the metropolitan cities of Mumbai and Delhi, followed by deployment in Bangalore and Nagpur. Subsequently, the technology will be deployed in other parts of the country.
Yugal Sharma, Chief Executive Officer at ONE Broadband, said: "Growing demand for advanced services, like ultra-high speed broadband, OTT and 4K Video transport, has created the necessity for a high-capacity fiber network. We want our customers to experience the best possible speed and network experience, and we believe that Nokia's technical expertise will allow us to offer differentiated services to our customers."
Vinish Bawa, head of Emerging Business - India at Nokia, said: "We are thrilled to work with ONE Broadband in their quest to provide better quality services to their customers. Indian cable operators are in the midst of a digital transformation, and with this deployment ONE Broadband will be able to grow its business by efficiently addressing the customer's need for more capacity and a speedier broadband network."
Overview of the technology to be used:
- Nokia Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) optimizes reach, coverage and capacity by using fixed and wireless technologies in a hybrid access environment. The technology has the capability to provide all next-generation services at low cost and high speed with the ability to monetize the network by offering value added services like Deep Packet Inspection.
- Nokia GPON solution allows service providers to generate more revenue and deliver more speeds and services. It is especially sturdy and suited for the Indian environment.
- Web page:
- Brochure: Nokia Cable Solution
- Web page: Nokia Universal Next Generation PON
- Webpage: Cable Operators
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Nokia Media Relations
Phone: +91 8376922734
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900