IP Migration for Defense
Migrate aging mission-critical networks to a unified IP-based broadband network
The Nokia IP Migration for Defense solution helps defense organizations and their forces migrate their ageing mission-critical networks to a new unified IP-based broadband network to support current and future applications without mission impacts.
Network transformation for information superiority
With legacy networks reaching end of life, it is imperative to migrate legacy critical applications to an IP-based network to avoid potential mission impacts. Nokia has the breadth of expertise to seamlessly migrate to next-generation smart WAN with full legacy interoperability, ensuring your mission-critical operations are uninterrupted.
TDM migration for defense
The solution offers a reliable, secure, converged, end-to-end communication network infrastructure that incorporates industry-leading IP/MPLS, optics, microwave, fixed access, and network and service management products.
The Nokia Critical WAN infrastructure solution provides convergence, simplified operations, a quality of service guarantee for mission-critical applications, and smooth migration from legacy to all-packet networks.
- Native legacy interfaces for IP/MPLS transport (RS-232/V.24 serial, E&M, FXS/FXO, SONET/SDH/PDH)
- Full interoperability with legacy networking technologies such as TDM, frame relay and ATM
- IP/MPLS-based VPN technologies for Ethernet (layer 2) and IP (layer 3) services to support new applications
- Enable future evolution to software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud
Benefits and features
Assured quality of service (QoS) for high application performance to support your missions
- IP/MPLS provides deterministic delay and jitter characteristics to support media-rich real-time applications
- Ensure delay requirements are constantly met while jitter is minimized and absorbed
Flexible network synchronization for high communication integrity
- Agile network synchronization options to preserve end-to-end legacy TDM circuit timing
Utmost resiliency for vital data transmission
- Multi-fault resiliency
- SONET/SDH-speed recovery
End-to-end security for all-connected operations
- Defense-in-depth framework
- Encryption, firewall and DDoS mitigation
Versatile network services
Seamless migration with maximum flexibility
- Interoperate with legacy applications
- Embrace new and emerging applications
- Unified and simplified network management for provisioning and network operations
The IP migration for defense solution includes Nokia’s industry-leading IP routing, microwave and optical transport portfolio:
IP/MPLS router portfolio
Unified network manager
Related solutions and products
AirScale Radio Access
Activate massive 5G capacity
Compact Mobility Unit (CMU)
An industrial-grade private wireless unit that provides all of the mobile packet core functions required for mobile broadband, IoT and machine-type communications (MTC)…
Converged WAN solution for defense
Secure, multiservice optical, microwave and IP/MPLS infrastructure for network-centric operations
Defense Technology and Communications
Empower defense forces with digital solutions that automate key operations to increase safety, productivity and efficiency.
Enhance coverage, speed and information quality for vessel and container inspection with our end-to-end aerial insights solution
Enterprise Voice Core
Optimize your business with industrial-grade voice on a private wireless network
Learn more about defense
Why interoperability is key for public safety operations
Connect, optimize, monetize with Nokia Device Management
Midsummer magic: a leap into the future of radio access networks
How long will 25G PON provide enough bandwidth?
30 Nov 2023
AEC Skyline and Top Aces Inc. Unveil Exclusive Teaming Agreement
30 May 2023
Nokia announces new 4G and 5G Core Network software solutions for mission critical needs of enterprise verticals
12 Jul 2022
Nokia partners with Hill Air Force Base on testbed for radar interference management with Open RAN architecture
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...