Automate orchestration of end-to-end services in cross-domain, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks
Nokia Orchestration Center automates orchestration of end-to-end services, including 5G slice-based services, in cross-domain, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks. Together with Nokia Assurance Center, the cloud-native microservices-based Orchestration Center module enables round-trip operations automation as part of Nokia’s Digital Operations Center.
- Design and deploy new market driven digital services based on business-intent quickly and efficiently leveraging Bell Labs AI & ML technology
- Single-pane-of-glass and intuitive UI design simplifies complexity by providing a unified view of different network domains leveraging containerized, virtualized, and physical technologies
- Automation of both service fulfillment and multi-domain orchestration functions results in significant reductions in the time-to-value for new services
As service providers strive to increase their agility to support market requirements in the 5G era, a tighter closed-loop operating environment is required. Orchestration Center supports this objective on two levels:
- Market facing agility: Service providers will be forging B2B partnerships with vertical industrial players and Service Level Agreements will become an important currency for those relationships. Service providers require orchestration systems that can adopt and support contracted SLAs that are “designed-in” to the services during the commercial negotiations with the B2B partners.
- Virtualized and containerized infrastructure: To control their costs in an ever-growing demand for capacity, service providers are well along their transition to leverage cloud and virtualization techniques. This creates a multi-fold increase in network and infrastructure complexity—more moving parts—and this cannot be effectively automated at scale on legacy orchestration systems.
Orchestration Center leverages a modular concept with user/role-based interfaces for service and resource visibility, service design and service deployment.
DesignHub is used to create service compositions from re-usable building blocks and to publish service designs to northbound systems for consumption.
OrderHub provides 360° visibility and management of in-progress, service modifiable orders with an intuitive portal and fully amendable templates.
IntelligenceHub capabilities include advanced root-cause analysis, automated capacity management, insights for automation, topology views and machine-learning algorithms.
Service Orchestration is the main sub-module of Orchestration Center. It automates and optimizes the service delivery utilizing AI and ML to decompose business-intent and deploy it accordingly to the network.
The Service Design sub-module provides service modelling capabilities that enable business-intent driven orchestration. Services can be composed with re-usable components that can be stored in the service catalog for further use.
The Service Catalog manages and stores the designed service components with related technical service composition and workflow models. It also enables services to be published to CRM/CPQ systems for consumption when they are ready.
The Domain Adaptation layer provides an abstracted view of the underlaying network domains towards service orchestration. This hides service design and orchestration complexity and enables end-to-end, high-level service design and operation.
Unified Inventory is a shared logical resource and service inventory also used by Assurance Center. It closes the loop between service delivery and assurance processes. This enables assurance to immediately monitor services once they have been instantiated by orchestration.
Benefits and features
Design and deploy market driven services
- Unlock the value of the network with single-pane-of-glass and business-intent driven end-to-end service orchestration
- Design and deploy new market driven services, including 5G slice-based services, cost-efficiently at scale
Rapidly adapt to your specific needs
- Orchestration Center provides an open toolset for customers and partners, covering service and workflow design and definition of new adapters
- Aligned with industry standards relevant for service orchestration and 5G slice management, including TM Forum, 3GPP and ETSI
- Re-use service components and automate your service orchestration workflows and processes
- Leverage Bell Labs artificial intelligence and machine learning to decompose the business-intent and optimize the end-to-end service
Benefit from a cloud native architecture
- Deployable on any cloud infrastructure - microservices architecture eases software lifecycle management and maintenance efforts
- Reduce delivery effort and time with DevOps methodology in service design and deployment
Orchestration Center as part of Nokia’s Digital Operations Center
Nokia’s award-winning Digital Operations Center is a modular solution comprised of Orchestration Center and Assurance Center leveraging a common Unified Inventory. It’s this combination that gives you the ability to manage the entire service lifecycle by designing, delivering, and assuring digital services and 5G slicing at scale and speed.
The Digital Operations Center is a solution that can be used in a fully automated, round-trip, closed-loop mode but it also has a rich user-interface layer for manual activities. This is important to enable gradual development, testing and use of automated steps as required by each respective deployment.
It’s a fully cloud-native platform that is built to support multi-vendor, multi-domain, and multi-technology environments across any cloud deployment model. Per its role within the CSP eco-system, Digital Operations Center supports numerous standards where and as they apply to include TMF, ETSI, MEF, 3GPP, BBF, ONF and IETF.
The Digital Operations Center’s primary role within the CSP eco-system is to:
- Manage the full end-to-end service lifecycle to include the design, deployment, and assurance of services to meet contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Abstract the complexity of the underlying network to expose its capabilities northbound to commercial/business support systems on an intent-based level
- Provide southbound interface and oversight to network layer systems so they can support the design, deployment, and end-to-end assurance of services
By closing the loop between traditionally separate orchestration and assurance processes, you can intelligently manage the full-service lifecycle to drive the most optimized use of infrastructure resources, limit overprovisioning, control fault management, enable automation and optimization.