Automate orchestration of end-to-end services in cross-domain, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks
Nokia Orchestration Center automates orchestration of end-to-end services, including 5G slice-based services, in cross-domain, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks. Together with Nokia Assurance Center, the cloud-native microservices-based Orchestration Center module enables round-trip operations automation as part of Nokia’s Digital Operations Center.
- Design and deploy new market driven digital services based on business-intent quickly and efficiently leveraging Bell Labs AI & ML technology
- Single-pane-of-glass and intuitive UI design simplifies complexity by providing a unified view of different network domains leveraging containerized, virtualized, and physical technologies
- Automation of both service fulfillment and multi-domain orchestration functions results in significant reductions in the time-to-value for new services
As service providers strive to increase their agility to support market requirements in the 5G era, a tighter closed-loop operating environment is required. Orchestration Center supports this objective on two levels:
- Market facing agility: Service providers will be forging B2B partnerships with vertical industrial players and Service Level Agreements will become an important currency for those relationships. Service providers require orchestration systems that can adopt and support contracted SLAs that are “designed-in” to the services during the commercial negotiations with the B2B partners.
- Virtualized and containerized infrastructure: To control their costs in an ever-growing demand for capacity, service providers are well along their transition to leverage cloud and virtualization techniques. This creates a multi-fold increase in network and infrastructure complexity—more moving parts—and this cannot be effectively automated at scale on legacy orchestration systems.
Orchestration Center leverages a modular concept with user/role-based interfaces for service and resource visibility, service design and service deployment.
DesignHub is used to create service compositions from re-usable building blocks and to publish service designs to northbound systems for consumption.
OrderHub provides 360° visibility and management of in-progress, service modifiable orders with an intuitive portal and fully amendable templates.
IntelligenceHub capabilities include advanced root-cause analysis, automated capacity management, insights for automation, topology views and machine-learning algorithms.
Service Orchestration is the main sub-module of Orchestration Center. It automates and optimizes the service delivery utilizing AI and ML to decompose business-intent and deploy it accordingly to the network.
The Service Design sub-module provides service modelling capabilities that enable business-intent driven orchestration. Services can be composed with re-usable components that can be stored in the service catalog for further use.
The Service Catalog manages and stores the designed service components with related technical service composition and workflow models. It also enables services to be published to CRM/CPQ systems for consumption when they are ready.
The Domain Adaptation layer provides an abstracted view of the underlaying network domains towards service orchestration. This hides service design and orchestration complexity and enables end-to-end, high-level service design and operation.
Benefits and features
Design and deploy market driven services
- Unlock the value of the network with single-pane-of-glass and business-intent driven end-to-end service orchestration
- Design and deploy new market driven services, including 5G slice-based services, cost-efficiently at scale
Rapidly adapt to your specific needs
- Orchestration Center provides an open toolset for customers and partners, covering service and workflow design and definition of new adapters
- Aligned with industry standards relevant for service orchestration and 5G slice management, including TM Forum, 3GPP and ETSI
- Re-use service components and automate your service orchestration workflows and processes
- Leverage Bell Labs artificial intelligence and machine learning to decompose the business-intent and optimize the end-to-end service
Benefit from a cloud native architecture
- Deployable on any cloud infrastructure - microservices architecture eases software lifecycle management and maintenance efforts
- Reduce delivery effort and time with DevOps methodology in service design and deployment
Orchestration Center as part of Nokia’s Digital Operations Center
Nokia’s award-winning Digital Operations Center is a modular solution comprised of Orchestration Center and Assurance Center leveraging a common Unified Inventory. It’s this combination that gives you the ability to manage the entire service lifecycle by designing, delivering, and assuring digital services and 5G slicing at scale and speed.
The Digital Operations Center is a solution that can be used in a fully automated, round-trip, closed-loop mode but it also has a rich user-interface layer for manual activities. This is important to enable gradual development, testing and use of automated steps as required by each respective deployment.
It’s a fully cloud-native platform that is built to support multi-vendor, multi-domain, and multi-technology environments across any cloud deployment model. Per its role within the CSP eco-system, Digital Operations Center supports numerous standards where and as they apply to include TMF, ETSI, MEF, 3GPP, BBF, ONF and IETF.
The Digital Operations Center’s primary role within the CSP eco-system is to:
- Manage the full end-to-end service lifecycle to include the design, deployment, and assurance of services to meet contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Abstract the complexity of the underlying network to expose its capabilities northbound to commercial/business support systems on an intent-based level
- Provide southbound interface and oversight to network layer systems so they can support the design, deployment, and end-to-end assurance of services
By closing the loop between traditionally separate orchestration and assurance processes, you can intelligently manage the full-service lifecycle to drive the most optimized use of infrastructure resources, limit overprovisioning, control fault management, enable automation and optimization.
Business benefits and case studies
Interested in decreasing your time to market? Learn how Nokia’s orchestration solution has helped service providers to go to market up to 500 times faster. Find out about the lessons learned from real-world deployments with leading service providers and enterprises around the globe, such as Telenor in Norway, SPTel in Singapore and many others.
Related solutions and products
Core Slice Controller
Core Slice Controller automates core slicing operations with lifecycle management for 5G slices
Digital Operations Center
A new breed of service orchestration and service assurance for network slicing
RAN Slice Controller
RAN Slice Controller automates 5G RAN slicing lifecycle management and assures 5G slice performance
Learn more about orchestration and network slicing
Here's how to make Network Slicing work efficiently
The special sauce: Three things CSPs need to know about service orchestration
Automate 5G slice lifecycle management with Nokia Digital Operations software
Creating a successful "building block" strategy for AI and automation initiatives
11 Jul 2023
Nokia and Ooredoo Qatar showcase country-first 5G Standalone data call with 5G core network
15 Jun 2023
Nokia introduces on-demand network slicing to boost customer experience
28 Mar 2023
Nokia enhances DOCOMO’s nationwide network with upgraded IP core and transport network slicing for 5G services
6 Mar 2023
Nokia and Singtel successfully trial 5G IP transport end-to-end network slicing
24 Feb 2023
Nokia and etisalat by e& UAE to upgrade IP Core Network to support 800 GE and implement transport slicing solution to improve 5G experience
16 Feb 2023
BICS and Nokia team up for intelligent network slicing solution
31 Oct 2022
Nokia and Nedaa to explore innovative 5G network slicing for smart city and public safety use
9 Sep 2022
Nokia and Telia Finland launch world’s first commercial 5G SA network with network slicing for Fixed Wireless Access
25 Aug 2022
Nokia and Google trial innovative slicing solution for Android devices and 4G/5G networks
22 Aug 2022
Nokia and Safaricom complete Africa’s first Fixed Wireless Access 5G slicing trial
28 Jun 2022
Nokia and Proximus deliver 5G network slicing innovation to support demanding network conditions
28 Feb 2022
Nokia deploys world’s first 5G Edge Slicing solution on live commercial network with Cellcom and Telia #MWC22
2 Aug 2021
Orange and Nokia deploy the first Industry 4.0 4G/5G private network with network slicing in French factory
20 Jan 2021
Nokia and Mobily pilot world’s first 4G and 5G Fixed Wireless Access network slicing
1 Oct 2020
Nokia offers world’s first automated 4G/5G network slicing within RAN, transport and core domains
29 Jul 2020
ÖBB, A1 Austria and Nokia are piloting network slicing in the existing A1 network
26 Feb 2020
Nokia launches end-to-end 4G and 5G New Radio slicing
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...