Industrial-grade private wireless solutions
Power your digital transformation with 4.9G/LTE now and 5G next
Deploy a connectivity solution built for industries
With Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) and Modular Private Wireless (MPW), you get flexible end-to-end solutions that provides ubiquitous connectivity at your premises and across your field area networks. If required, you can extend connectivity nationwide or around the globe using mobile operators’ networks or the Nokia WING offering. You can also provide digital connectivity that consolidates every kind of data and uses AI and machine learning to optimize and automate your operations.
Our private wireless offer helps you meet the demands of Industry 4.0 now and prepare for what’s next by providing:
- Support for the widest range of global spectrum bands, including unlicensed spectrum that lets you deploy anywhere
- An enterprise-grade core network that provides all the functions you need to run a full private 4.9G/LTE or 5G network
- Indoor and outdoor coverage for small to very large campuses, provided by our wide range of class-leading small and macro cells
- Support for autonomous, on-premises private wireless networks and centralized or hybrid cloud architectures
- End-to-end solutions for IP and optical, SD-WAN, wireless backhaul, Wireless PON, passive optical LAN, edge cloud servers and analytics
- Owned or as-a-service options
- Rich analytics and digital automation enablers
We’ve designed our private wireless solution to give you maximum flexibility with two deployment approaches: simplicity or full control. We can help you choose the approach that best meets your needs and customize it to ensure the maximum benefit for your business.
Nokia Digital Automation Cloud
Choose Nokia DAC deployment if you want the simplest route to your own private wireless network. With Nokia DAC, you get an integrated, plug-and-play, as-a-service solution that runs on your premises. You also get a digitalization and automation platform with applications that are ready to run.
Modular Private Wireless
Choose an MPW deployment if you want complete control over the way you build and operate your private wireless network. MPW supports end-to-end customization that lets you meet your most demanding requirements.
Do private wireless your way
With Nokia DAC and MPW, we support a full range of architecture and deployment scenarios, including:
- Fully autonomous local deployments
- Connected industrial sites with transparent roaming between private wireless and mobile operator networks
- Hybrid edge and centralized cloud deployments that support locally run applications and data processing as well as global management of multiple sites and release upgrades
- Centralized cloud deployments that let you run some private wireless network elements in network clouds
- Mobile operators’ private wireless, secure MVNO or nationwide network slicing offers
The 3.5 GHz CBRS band is being made available in the US to provide shared spectrum for private wireless use. Other countries are developing similar shared spectrum solutions to CBRS.
Enterprises can accelerate their Industry 4.0 transformation by using the Nokia fully comprehensive, pre-integrated CBRS solution. The Nokia solution includes:
- A spectrum access system (SAS)
- Environmental sensing capability (ESC)
- Domain proxy and Nokia Bell Labs geo-redundancy features
- An industrial-grade private wireless solution
Access to CBRS spectrum for General Authorized Access (GAA) and Priority Access License (PAL) CBRS access points devices (CBSD) is managed and prioritized using the SAS. The ESC is used to detect incumbent users in the operational area.
Along with an SAS and ESC, the Nokia CBRS solution also incorporates a new, unique domain proxy capability. This micro service aggregates multiple radio links to simplify SAS connectivity for large deployments. It also provides an extra level of CBRS reliability, control and security in challenging environments when connectivity to the SAS may be unreliable.
Industry-first Private Wireless TCO Calculator
Accelerate digital transformation and optimize your TCO! Compare wireless connectivity network scenarios by simulating your industry site.