Mission-critical WAN for power utilities
Build a converged network for IEC 61850 and other critical applications
Nokia Mission-critical WAN for power utilities enables secure, reliable and scalable communications for grid automation, control and monitoring. It provides essential network services you need to:
- Extend IEC 61850 beyond digital substations to the utility control center and OT cloud
- Support new Ethernet- and IP-based protection, SCADA and CCTV applications
- Enable graceful TDM traffic migration while preserving the integrity of SCADA and traditional differential and teleprotection systems.
Our solution helps you transition to a utility-grade converged IP/MPLS and packet optical network that’s ready for growing Ethernet and IP application traffic, digital substations, and evolution with IEC 61850 and OT cloud. It gives you the flexibility to carry IP/MPLS services over an optical or packet microwave transmission layer, LTE access or a satellite link. And it supports traditional TDM and new IP/Ethernet traffic with the high availability and stringent quality of service (QoS) required for applications such as teleprotection and differential protection.
Get full value from your communications infrastructure
- Run multiple applications over a common network infrastructure
- Consume bandwidth dynamically and efficiently with application-specific hierarchical quality of service (HQoS)
- Reduce operating costs by consolidating your networks and simplifying maintenance processes.
Preserve the integrity of legacy critical networks
- Deploy hardened, reliable communications network equipment designed to operate in utility environment mission-critical networks
- Ensure predictable network performance with MPLS traffic engineering
- Assure throughput and availability for critical applications, including protection.
Roll out smart grid applications faster
- Support smart grid programs with network infrastructure that delivers field-proven scalability, reliability and security
- Streamline the introduction of new technology with a superior IP/MPLS service and network management system
- Ease the integration of IP/MPLS/Ethernet services with optical and microwave transmission
- Support disruption-free TDM migration.
Solution features and benefits
Succeed with a complete WAN solution
Realize the benefits of an adaptive grid communications network. With our IP/MPLS network for utilities, you can support all traffic types and use one management system for all your IP/MPLS, fiber and microwave network assets. You can also seamlessly extend grid communications into your data centers.
Support teleprotection over IP/MPLS and microwave
Teleprotection is your most mission-critical and time-sensitive application. Our field-proven solution delivers teleprotection over IP/MPLS and packet microwave radio.
Transport SCADA over IP/MPLS
Our solution lets you upgrade your network to IP/MPLS while supporting legacy SCADA systems without compromise. It allows you to reliably transport SCADA traffic so you can monitor, analyze, control, and maintain your power grid.
Validation of current differential protection
Learn more about mission-critical WAN for power utilities
A digital journey from conventional to virtualized substations
Synchronization in the power grid with IEEE 1588
RTE partners with Nokia to transform operational telecom network
SA Power Networks deploys IP/MPLS Video
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...