Modular Private Wireless
Take control of your digital transformation
Our 5G-ready Modular Private Wireless (MPW) solution enables you to build private 4.9G/LTE networks for small to very large industrial sites and field area networks. It includes indoor and outdoor solutions that let you meet the connectivity and application demands of your Industry 4.0 strategy. If you are a mobile operator, you can also use MPW to offer secure MVNO services nationwide.
With MPW, you can deploy an industrial-grade private wireless network that lets you:
- Provide the capacity and scalability you need to securely connect machines, sensors and workers
- Ensure that every application and user gets the right network access, priority and performance
- Control your proprietary data and keep it on your premises
- Support most of today’s industrial applications
- Make a smooth transition to 5G when 5G-enabled industrial devices become available
Address any need with a complete solution
We complement the MPW solution with our business-critical IP/MPLS, optical, wireless backhaul and optical LAN solutions and a full range of professional services. The result is an end-to-end solution that can address your exact requirements.
Deploy private wireless your way
MPW lets you design wireless networks that meet the unique demands of your business and industry. It gives you the flexibility to support centralized or distributed network architectures and a variety of deployment scenarios, including:
- Fully autonomous industrial sites with 100 percent local deployments
- Distributed sites with a centralized core in your headquarters
- Connected industrial sites that support transparent roaming between your private network and public mobile networks
- Solutions based on mobile operators’ private wireless, secure MVNO (public safety) or nationwide network slicing offerings
Key solution elements
Small cells and macro cells
Our Flexi Zone small cells let you provide secure, low-latency, high-capacity wireless connectivity indoors and outdoors. Each cell delivers consistent, predictable performance for hundreds of simultaneous connections. You can add our AirScale Macro base station to extend coverage over longer distances.
Our Compact Mobility Unit (CMU) is an enterprise packet core that performs the same functions as a mobile operator’s 4.9G/LTE evolved packet core and future 5G core network. It runs on our high-capacity AirFrame servers and supports redundant deployments that ensure network resiliency and service continuity.
You can add our enterprise voice core (EVC) to support clientless voice and video communication on standard LTE devices. The EVC integrates with mission-critical push-to-talk (PTT) or push-to-video (PTV) services and can replace legacy campus voice solutions.
Operations and Management
Our private wireless solution includes a simple interface that makes it easy to operate and manage your end-to-end system. The interface also provides access to advanced configuration settings that let you fine-tune the performance of your network to meet the requirements of your applications.
You can expand the capabilities of MPW with Nokia or third-party applications. For example, you can reduce your reliance on PMR networks by using our Group Communications solution to support critical PTT or PTV services on one 4.9G/LTE network. Or you can optimize your operations by using our SpaceTime advanced analytics and IoT applications to get intelligent insights from sensor, machine and worker data.