Nokia Mobile Gateways
Course Number: TTP36003
Course Duration: 5 days
Price: $3,425 US
The Nokia Mobile Gateways course is designed to introduce the Long Term Evolution (LTE) network components, with an emphasis on the Mobile Gateway (MG) components, of the Evolved Packet Core (EPC). The course examines the interfaces, protocols, and mobility management procedures used in the EPC and includes comprehensive hands-on lab exercises and case studies to reinforce the course learning objectives. Upon course completion, participants will have a solid working knowledge of LTE Mobile Gateways (Serving Gateway and Packet Data Network Gateway) and will be able to deploy and support the functionality on a Nokia Service Router Mobile Gateway (SR MG).
Nokia Cloud Packet Core Expert
Validate your skills and develop expert-level knowledge, best practices, and practical skills to implement Nokia's Cloud Packet Core end-to-end solution.
Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA)
Master the knowledge and skills to design and support high performing Nokia Service Router networks.
Get access to the same course materials you would receive in class. Course materials are a great way to learn and prepare for exams at your own pace.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the mobile communication evolution
- Describe the LTE architecture and list the main components of an LTE network
- Understand the primary functions of the eNodeB, and the EPC components
- Describe the IP connectivity and EPS bearers used for LTE
- Understand mobility management concepts and principles
- Understand the interfaces used for signaling and communication between LTE components
- Describe the GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) and understand its function and use
- Understand the diameter protocol and its use in the EPC
- Explain the functions of the Serving Gateway (SGW) and the Packet Data Network Gateway (PGW)
- Configure the Nokia 7750 SR MG hardware and perform basic configuration tasks for the SGW/PGW
- Analyze in detail, various LTE procedures such as: attach, PDN connectivity request, dedicated bearer setup, S1 release, service request, handover, and detach
- Initiate and verify LTE procedures on the 7750 SR MG
- Explain Quality of Service (QoS) concepts in LTE and implement QoS functionality on the 7750 SR MG
- Understand Policy and Charging Control (PCC) static rules and their deployment on the 7750 SR MG
- Troubleshoot basic MG issues on the 7750 SR MG using operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) and debug tools
- Module 1 – Introduction to LTE
- Module 2 – LTE Key concepts
- Module 3 – EPC Protocols and Interfaces
- Module 4 – SGW and PGW
- Module 5 – Key Procedures
- Module 6 – Quality of Service
- Module 7 – Redundancy, OAM and Troubleshooting