Once your device is fully charged, unplug the charger from the device and electrical outlet. Please note that continuous charging should not exceed 12 hours. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. Always keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F) for optimal performance. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily. Note that the battery may drain quickly in cold temperatures and lose enough power to switch off the phone within minutes. When you are outdoors in cold temperatures, keep your phone warm.
Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Obey local regulations. Recycle when possible. Do not dispose as household waste.
Do not dismantle, cut, crush, bend, puncture, or otherwise damage the battery in any way. If a battery leaks, do not let liquid touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water or seek medical help. Do not modify, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids. Batteries may explode if damaged.
Use the battery and charger for their intended purposes only. Improper use of, or use of unapproved or incompatible, batteries or chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion, or other hazards, and may invalidate any approval or warranty. If you believe the battery or charger is damaged, take it to a service centre or your local phone shop before continuing to use it. Never use a damaged battery or charger. Only use the charger indoors. Do not charge your device during a lightning storm.
Additionally, the following applies if your device has a removable battery:
- Always switch the device off and unplug the charger before removing the battery. To unplug a charger or an accessory, hold and pull the plug, not the cord.
- Accidental short-circuiting can happen when a metallic object touches the metal strips on the battery. This may damage the battery or the other object.