Find places and get directions
Find a spot
Google Maps helps you find specific locations and businesses.
- Tap Maps.
- Write search words, such as a street address or place name, in the search bar.
- Select an item from the list of proposed matches as you write, or tap searchto search.
The location is shown on the map. If no search results are found, make sure the spelling of your search words is correct.
See your current location
Tap Maps > my_location.
Look for restaurants and other interesting places near you
Tap Maps and the search bar, and select a category.
Get directions to a place
Get directions for walking, driving, or using public transit – use your current location or any other place as the start point.
- Tap Maps. Enter the location you want to get directions to in the search bar.
- Tap Directions. The icon in the circle represents the mode of transportation. The default direction mode is car directions_car. If you need walking or public transit directions, select the mode from under the search bar.
- If you don't want the start point to be your current location, tap Your location, and search for a start point.
- Tap STARTto start the navigation.
The route is shown on the map, along with an estimate of how long it takes to get there. To see detailed directions, swipe up from the bottom of the screen for the info.
Did you find this helpful?