Future Tech Summer Internship
Shape the future of technology
Have you ever wondered what a high-tech career looks like? The Nokia Future Tech Summer Internship program will give you the opportunity explore the world of technology while you’re still a high school student.
Our internship is a seven-week program in which you will work alongside Nokia engineering teams solving real, technical problems. Over the course of the summer, you will contribute to meaningful work while receiving support and valuable lessons from a Nokia Future Tech Mentor. You will discover new possibilities and skills that will help you make an impact on the future of technology.
Are you ready to join the Nokia Ottawa team?
Who you are
- You are a high school student who will be entering grade 12 in the fall of 2019
- You have a willingness to learn new things quickly and like to be challenged
- You are interested in exploring the world of high tech
- You have a proven ability to work in a team environment (including extracurricular activities)
- You may not have any experience in these fields, but you have a keen interest in computer science, computer engineering, software and hardware development
- You must be able to participate in the program for all seven weeks at our Kanata campus
- You must have an expected average of 75% in grade eleven
- You must be registered in two of the following grade 12 courses: Physics, Chemistry, Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Computer Science, Biology, Earth and Space Science, Computer Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada
- You must be proficient in the English language
- July 2nd – August 16th 2019
- Learn from Nokia Future Tech Mentors while you work on solving real, technical problems and shape your future
- Future Tech Interns will be paid $16 per hour
- Gain valuable insights that can influence your post-secondary decisions
- Lunch and Learn sessions to explore different aspects of the working world
- Meet other high school students from around the city who share your enthusiasm for technology
Are you ready?
If you are interested in becoming a Future Tech Intern, please send a one-minute video application to Future.Tech@nokia.com. Please also attach your most recent report card and list of grades 12 courses (don’t waste your time discussing these in your video). The deadline to apply is March 24th, 2019.
Get creative with your video and tell us why you want to be a Future Tech Intern, and how you would be a great addition to the Nokia Ottawa team!
"Joining the Nokia team is a uniquely enriching opportunity to jump-start anyone's career in tech. Along with networking, my internship allowed me to ask critical questions to panelists and peers to discover my future goals, and ultimately taught me how to shape my education and applications to get the most out of my degree, while appealing to hiring managers. Above all, the ability to decide how I tackled each project, along with the exceptional support of a mentor, facilitated a far more in-depth and rapid learning process than a classroom environment has ever provided, with skills that will carry over into my future endeavors."
2017 Future Tech Intern