Future Tech Summer Internship Canada
Shape the future of technology
Have you ever wondered what a high-tech career looks like? The Nokia Future Tech Summer Internship program will give you the opportunity explore the world of technology while you’re still a high school student.
Our internship is a seven-week program in which you will work alongside Nokia engineering teams solving real, technical problems. Over the course of the summer, you will contribute to meaningful work while receiving support and valuable lessons from a Nokia Future Tech Mentor. You will discover new possibilities and skills that will help you make an impact on the future of technology.
Who you are
- You are a high school student who will be entering grade 12 after the internship
- You have a willingness to learn new things quickly and like to be challenged
- You are interested in exploring the world of high tech
- You have a proven ability to work in a team environment (including extracurricular activities)
- You may not have any experience in these fields, but you have a keen interest in computer science, computer engineering, software and hardware development
- You must be able to participate in the program for all seven weeks at our Kanata campus
- You must have an expected average of 75% in grade eleven
- You must be registered in two of the following grade 12 courses: Physics, Chemistry, Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Computer Science, Biology, Earth and Space Science, Computer Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- You must be legally able to work in Canada and possess a SIN
- You must be proficient in the English language
- Learn from Nokia Future Tech Mentors while you work on solving real, technical problems and shape your future
- Future Tech Interns will be paid $16 per hour
- Gain valuable insights that can influence your post-secondary decisions
- Lunch and Learn sessions to explore different aspects of the working world
- Meet other high school students from around the city who share your enthusiasm for technology
We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2020, please check back in early 2021 for more on next year's program.
"Joining the Nokia team is a uniquely enriching opportunity to jump-start anyone's career in tech. Along with networking, my internship allowed me to ask critical questions to panelists and peers to discover my future goals, and ultimately taught me how to shape my education and applications to get the most out of my degree, while appealing to hiring managers. Above all, the ability to decide how I tackled each project, along with the exceptional support of a mentor, facilitated a far more in-depth and rapid learning process than a classroom environment has ever provided, with skills that will carry over into my future endeavors."
2017 Future Tech Intern