Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Marco is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Nokia with responsibility for financial matters of the Nokia Group, including external and internal reporting, business performance management, capital allocation and global business services. He also oversees investor relations, M&A, treasury and venture capital activities.
Marco has deep financial and leadership experience and an extensive background in B2B and technology companies.
Prior to joining Nokia in 2020, Marco held the position of President of Wärtsilä Energy and Executive Vice President of the Wärtsilä Group. During his career, he has also held a number of CFO and other senior financial roles, including CFO of the Wärtsilä Group, CFO of the SSAB Group and CFO of Eltel Networks. Prior to those roles, he also held senior finance as well as strategy and business development roles at NCC Group.
Marco holds a master’s degree in Business Administration from Uppsala University in Sweden and has studied management and strategic leadership at Duke Business School in the US, at IMD in Switzerland and at the Stockholm School of Economics in Sweden.
Marco is based in Espoo, Finland, and has lived and worked in several countries. He is married with two sons. In his spare time Marco is a keen skier, snowboarder and wakeboarder, and has recently taken up golf. He also enjoys cooking.
- President, Wärtsilä Energy and Executive Vice President, Wärtsilä Group, 2018–2020
- Executive Vice President and CFO, Wärtsilä Group, 2013–2018
- Executive Vice President and CFO, SSAB Group, 2008–2013
- Vice President, Business Control, SSAB Group, 2007–2008
- CFO, Eltel Networks, 2006–2007
- Vice President, Business Development, Eltel Networks, 2004–2005
- Head of Services Division, Eltel Networks, 2003–2004
- Vice President, Corporate Development, Eltel Networks, 2002–2003
- Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, NCC Group, 1999–2002
- Head of Strategic Planning, NCC Group, 1998–1999
- Group Controller, NCC Group, 1996–1998
Current positions of trust:
- Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee, Neste Corporation