Marco Wirén, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Marco is the Chief Financial Officer of Nokia with responsibility of financial matters of the Nokia Group, including external and internal reporting, business performance management, capital allocation and commercial management. He also oversees Investor Relations, M&A, Treasury, Real Estate and Venture Capital activities.
Marco has deep financial and leadership experience and an extensive background in business-to-business and technology companies.
Prior to joining Nokia in 2020, Marco held the position of President of Wärtsilä Energy and Executive Vice President of Wärtsilä Group. During his career, he has also held a number of CFO and other senior financial roles, including CFO of Wärtsilä Group; CFO of SSAB Group; and CFO of Eltel Networks. Prior to those roles, he also held senior finance as well as strategy and business development roles at the NCC Group.
Marco holds a master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Uppsala and has studied management and strategic leadership, including at Duke Business School, IMD, and Stockholm School of Economics.
Marco is based in Espoo, Finland, and has lived and worked in several countries. Marco is married to Cecilia and they have two sons. In his spare time, Marco does sports, including downhill skiing, snowboarding, wakeboarding and recently also golf, and he enjoys cooking.
- President, Wärtsilä Energy and Executive Vice President, Wärtsilä Group, 2018–2020
- Executive Vice President and CFO, Wärtsilä Group, 2013–2018
- Executive Vice President and CFO, SSAB Group, 2008–2013
- Vice President, Business Control, SSAB Group, 2007–2008
- CFO, Eltel Networks, 2006–2007
- VP of Business development, Eltel Networks, 2004–2005
- Head of Service Division, Eltel Networks, 2003–2004
- Vice President, Corporate Development, Eltel Networks, 2002–2003
- Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, NCC Group, 1999–2002
- Head of Strategic Planning, NCC Group, 1998–1999
- Group Controller, NCC Group, 1996–1998
- Vice Chair of the Board, Neste Corporation, 2019–
- Member of the Board and Chair of the Audit Committee, Neste Corporation, 2015–