Nassib Abou-Khalil, Chief Legal Officer (CLO)
Nassib has been Nokia CLO since August 2019. He joined Nokia in September 2014 as head of Legal & Compliance for the MEA region, later becoming General Counsel for Customer Operations and Deputy Chief Legal Officer, Business. Following the announcement of the acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent by Nokia, Nassib led the compliance integration planning work, developing and implementing the initial combined company’s compliance program.
Before joining Nokia, Nassib was Head of Public Policy for EMEA and General
Counsel for MEA at Yahoo! He also held roles at GE Oil & Gas, Etisalat and TMF Netherlands.
An admitted lawyer at the Ontario Bar and in England, Nassib holds a BA in Political Sciences and Civil Law (LL.L.) and Common Law (LL.B.) and Master of Law (LL.M) degrees from the University of Ottawa, the latter including a year’s study of European law at the Université de Louvain la Neuve in Belgium.
In addition to his legal work, Nassib is an outspoken advocate for inclusion and diversity, working closely with Nokia’s LGBT+ employee resource group, EQUAL! An out leader himself, he took part in the launch of the OUT Leaders program at Nokia.
Nassib works at Nokia headquarters in Espoo. Nassib was born in Lebanon and worked in Canada, The Netherlands, Qatar and the UAE. In his spare time, he enjoys contemporary art, music including opera, and hiking in the countryside, particularly in the Alps.
- Deputy CLO, Business, Nokia 2019
- General Counsel, Customer Operations, Nokia 2016–2019
- Head of Legal & compliance, MEA, Nokia 2014–2015
- Head of Public Policy, MEA & General Counsel, MEA, Yahoo! 2010–2014
- Regional Counsel, Middle East, Africa and India, GE Oil & Gas 2007–2010
- Regulatory Counsel, Etisalat 2006–2007
- Various legal counsel roles, TMF Netherlands 2002–2006
- Legal articling - Fasken Martineau 1999–2001