20 – 21 Apr, 2021
Gigabit Access 2021 - virtual event
The virtual conference will be an opportunity to present the access network deployment and share ideas with the industry peers. Whilst being a technology-led conference, the event will also explore the business of networks and network delivery for the Alternative Service Providers.
New for 2021, the event will be exploring the role that next-generation access technologies including NG-PON2, XGS-PON and 5G are playing in network development and how emerging virtualisation technologies are revolutionising network management and the impact that this is having on network strategy.
Registration is free for CSP attendees and Nokia staff, and the two-day event will include virtual panel sessions and exhibits, including the networking capabilities for all delegates.
Tuesday 20 April 2021 : 1:15 pm to 1:35 pm BST
Fireside chat: Beyond next-gen PON
• The role of fibre in future networks
• Need for evolution beyond 10G
• Technology options and evolution path
Wednesday 21 April 2021: 10 am to 11 am BST
Keynote panel: Strategies for ensuring a greener and more sustainable network rollout
• Building more sustainable network infrastructure
• Ensuring environmental impact is a factor in decision making
• Which network technologies are the most sustainable?
• What are the key factors to consider? e.g. power consumption, choice of material, etc
• Moderator: Michael Dargue,Vice President, Cartesian
- Vincent Garnier, Director General, FTTH Council Europe
- Yogesh Malik, CTIO, Tele2
- Filip De Greve, Product Marketing Director, Fixed Networks, Nokia
More information about the agenda can be found here.
The event is free of charge for operators and public sector.