29 Oct, 2018
Metro Ethernet Forum 2018
Please meet Nokia in Booth #501!
MEF18 focuses on enabling agile, assured, and orchestrated communications services for the digital economy. Emerging “MEF 3.0” services provide an on-demand experience with user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities. They are delivered across a global ecosystem of automated networks powered by LSO, SDN, and NFV.
Nokia’s featured speaker, Steve Vogelsang, CTO, IP & Optical Networks, Nokia, will present “The Future X Network – Enabling a New Digital Era” session which will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018, 3:20pm - 3:40pm
David Martin, Senior Systems Engineer, IP/Optical Networking Business Group, Nokia (and lead for L1 Connectivity Services working group within MEF) will present “Latest Advancements in MEF 3.0 Optical Transport, Standardization” at the MEF18 workshop which will take place on Monday, Oct. 29, 9:15am – 10:50am
Kyle Hollasch, Product Marketing Director, Optical networking, Nokia will participate in a panel discussion “Orchestrated multi-layer optical transport” (moderated by Ian Redpath Practice Leader, Components, Transport & Routing, Ovum) which will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
MEF Proof of Concept (PoC) Showcase
MEF18 spotlights innovations by service providers and vendors within their PoC showcase. Nokia will participate in a joint POC [Spectrum Business (Charter Communications), Telus, Nokia and Sandvine] The POC will feature our Nuage VNS (SD-WAN) product and demonstrate automated, closed-loop service assurance using intelligent application-aware networking that spans multiple network management domains and access technologies, including SD-WAN.
Nokia booth # 501 will feature the following technology and product innovations:
Nokia FlowOne service lifecycle orchestration:
As the service landscape evolves, digital service providers are seeking a new generation of intelligent service fulfillment platforms that can not only translate network services into customer facing products, but also cope with the transition from traditional infrastructure, to hybrid and virtualized, multi-domain end-to-end (E2E) services.
The Nokia FlowOne demonstration,
- Will showcase the creation of a multi-site hybrid VPN for a B2B enterprise use case.
- Will navigate through onboarding of network services, E2E service creation and delivery.
Nokia FlowOne service lifecycle orchestration:
- Is a fully integrated catalogue-driven, service fulfilment and lifecycle orchestration suite designed to act as a service director between multi-domain network services and the digital sales channel.
- Is designed around primary business processes for network and service discovery, service design, service order management, fulfilment, service activation and lifecycle management.
Insight-driven automation with Nokia Deepfield and Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP):
The industry has high hopes for network automation to improve productivity, accelerate services delivery, reduce operational costs or eliminate manual errors.
We will demonstrate how Nokia’s “insight-driven automation” approach is addressing key challenges within IP/optical networks, including use-cases for:
- WAN automation enabled by the Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP),
- Multi-dimensional network and cloud analytics-driven automation delivered through our Nokia Deepfield and NSP integration
- DC-WAN automation for interconnecting modern IP services and 5G network slices using the NSP within the broader Nokia Bell Labs Future X architecture (i.e. Bridging together the islands of automation within IP/optical transport, cloud services delivery, SD-WAN, and Nokia 5G networks.)
Optical networking: Featuring, Nokia WaveSuite optical applications:
Optical network operators know that they must transform their networks to ones that support faster services deployment, optimized performance and increased revenue. Based on open networking initiatives, Nokia WaveSuite applications can jump-start this network transition with innovative light-weight tools and success based economics, all driven by a business-optimized user experience.
We will showcase the new Nokia WaveSuite Service Enablement applications, including the following capabilities:
- Ground-breaking wavelength service catalogs based on the new MEF63 L1 Services standard
- New optical Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) business models for monetizing optical connectivity services thru wholesale/reseller tenant partners.
- Hierarchical multi-tenanted virtualization of optical networks and wavelength services based on Nokia patented software models.
- Rapidly deployable service assurance portals for service monitoring and service level specification (SLS) performance reporting
IP routing: Featuring, Nokia IP router portfolio and related solutions
We will feature our latest FP4 silicon innovations and new additions to our IP router portfolio as well as solutions which enable evolution to scalable, adaptable and secure IP networks
Nuage Networks SD-WAN 2.0:
Up to now SD-WAN has offered enterprise customers service agility while doing so in a scalable and operationally efficient manner. Today enterprises are looking for more than just connectivity they are looking at SD-WAN as an overarching infrastructure that transcends connectivity and offers a platform that can securely automate the delivery of IT services. This is where Nuage Networks comes in as the industry’s first and only SD-WAN 2.0 platform. We will showcase the following SD-WAN 2.0 capabilities:
- With SD-WAN 2.0 enterprises will be able to deploy a flexible and secure multi-cloud network creating seamless connectivity spanning the entire network (data centers, public clouds, branch locations) from a single network governance model across any transport network,
- With SD-WAN 2.0’s infrastructure and complementary management/orchestration capabilities, enterprises will be able to flexibly automate the deployment and operation of virtualized network functions (e.g. WAN optimization, firewall, etc) whether hosted locally on a uCPE, service chained to a cloud hosted function, or even embedded within the SD-WAN software itself.
- With SD-WAN 2.0’s infrastructure, enterprises will be able to automate the implementation of true end-to-end security across the entire network protecting network resources segmented to the application level from within the perimeter of the network. These security measures are bolstered by leveraging partner best of breed security capabilities as required.
For more information
Please contact Maryann.email@example.com