Kathrin Buvac, President of Nokia Enterprise
Kathrin is responsible for Nokia’s fast-growing Nokia Enterprise business, and leads the team that provides enterprise networks, industrial automation and digital solutions to customers in the webscale, energy, transportation, logistics, manufacturing and public sector.
Kathrin is committed to help Enterprise customers across the globe to digitalize and automate their asset-intensive operations to create productivity gains and business value in their journey towards Industry 4.0 and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
With 19 years of international experience, Kathrin has held leadership positions in EADS, Siemens, Nokia Siemens Networks and Nokia. In her most recent role as Chief Strategy Officer, Kathrin was responsible for the creation and implementation of Nokia’s overall Corporate Strategy including business intelligence, business development, portfolio management, strategic investments and mergers and acquisitions. Kathrin was instrumental in defining and executing Nokia’s €15.6Bn acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. At Nokia Siemens Networks, she developed the turnaround strategy for the €13Bn Network Infrastructure Joint Venture between Nokia and Siemens.
Kathrin is a technologist and strategist at heart and fierce advocate for the advancement of women. She is a global leader who puts company interest first and who guides her team with the highest standards of integrity and inclusion.
For her achievements, “Women to Watch 2016” by FierceWireless, a recognition to female leaders working in key engineering and technology roles in the telecommunications industry, as well as been named one of the “50 women to watch in 2016” by Global Telecoms Business.
Kathrin holds a German Diplom in Computer Science from the University of Cooperative Education, Germany, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the Open University London, the United Kingdom.
Kathrin resides in Munich, Germany, and has spent her career in the United States, the United Kingdom and Italy.
- President, Nokia Enterprise 2019-present
- Chief Strategy Officer, Nokia and Nokia Networks 2014-2019
- Chief of Staff to the CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks (previously NSN) 2011–2014
- Vice President Product Management, Business Solutions and Software, NSN 2009–2011
- Managing Director, Integration, NSN 2007–2009
- General Manager, Corporate Audit Italy, Siemens 2006–2007
- Head of Performance Controlling International Businesses, Siemens Communications 2003–2006
- Head of M&A USA, Siemens Communications 2002–2003
- Business Process Manager e-commerce, Siemens Communications 2001–2002
- Business Analyst, EADS Aerospace and Defense 1999–2000