We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide including government agencies. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate.
Our presence in North America
26 office locations
2 Data centers – Chicago, Illinois and Plano, Texas
2 Innovation centers - Murray Hill, New Jersey and Dallas, Texas
22 locations for SAC Wireless, a Nokia company that builds and deploys networks
US headquarters - Dallas, Texas
Canadian headquarters - Ottawa, Canada
Our 5G momentum
North America was the first region where Nokia deployed 5G technology with our service provider customers, beginning in the fourth quarter 2018.
We invest significantly in communication technology R&D to drive innovation across entire networks, end-to-end. In North America we have two major innovation centers dedicated to R&D activities where customers can engage in hands-on experiences.
Nokia Bell Labs
Nokia Bell Labs, headquartered in Murray Hill, New Jersey is a world-renowned leader in disruptive research. We create game-changing solutions to critical problems in communications and connectivity that improve lives and enable new economic paradigms.
The 5G Future X end-to-end network architecture invented by Nokia Bell Labs will enable a 4th industrial revolution where we will see a massive increase in productivity, with machines assisting and augmenting humans in both repetitive physical tasks and complex intellectual tasks.
Our Murray Hill campus is home to the first 5G Future X Lab built to use multi-media assets to dynamically explain, explore and evaluate 5G new value creation to our customers. From making network configuration choices and applying them in emulated environments, to exploring the live 5G network and interacting with the future physical world of industrial automation, the entire Future X Lab experience is designed to allow customers to become immersed in, and understand, the economic power of end-to-end 5G networks.
Service and slice operations center
Dallas Innovation Center
This is where we connect technology to the world with cutting-edge labs that enable engineers, designers, business leaders and customers to work together to test and build prototypes for real-world solutions.
- Executive Experience Center - showcases our end-to-end 5G solutions and products using live demonstrations and integrated networks. Each briefing is customized to the visitor’s specific areas of interest and business needs combining in-depth discussions with cutting edge product demos.
- Energy Innovation Center - offers a functional end-to-end smart grid communications network system making it possible for utility customers to validate existing and future grid applications and associated use cases in a real-world environment.
- Cloud Collaboration Hub - includes a multi-vendor lab set-up with experts co-located to help service providers visualize, develop and execute tailored use cases based on their cloud strategies.
- 5G Smart Lab - provides an experience gallery showcasing 5G business and consumers in work, home and play environments. Customers and strategic partners can test and verify features and functions of 5G solutions.
- Microwave point-to-point radio lab provides 24/7 support to 100+ North American customers. Customers can explore the lab and have access to our engineers for training and educational purposes.
- Network Operation Center - a centralized location where our IT support technicians supervise, monitor and maintain customer networks 24/7. Customers can access our engineers for training and educational purposes.
News in North America
North American leadership